Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to tell you... They wont do it! And if they do, you will have to pay for the move.

Ask me how I know...
I am sure you know because you tried. :) I do not mind paying for the move as long as it is reasonable. I just saved $500 with the cost reduction so willing to pay that much. If it is anymore I won't pay.

Just frustrating to send a car that has a buyer (me) into inventory rather than fulfill my order.

Reactions: beewang and zephron
I am sure you know because you tried. :) I do not mind paying for the move as long as it is reasonable. I just saved $500 with the cost reduction so willing to pay that much. If it is anymore I won't pay.

Just frustrating to send a car that has a buyer (me) into inventory rather than fulfill my order.
Can a TN car be registered in NJ? I asked the MA SC and he said that for MA, it has to be from MA. Good luck!

No, it cannot but if they agree to move it to NJ then I would think it would become a NJ car. I doubt they will agree to do it. Even if they do, I am sure it will be more than the $500 I am willing to pay.
So much for that. While I was on hold the car was taken. Not that they were going to transport it for me anyway. Figured I would give it a try.

I tried asking this question to Tesla SA. They told me to find one in the inventory near my area. So I guess it’s not possible.

Reactions: beewang
officially switching to SR AWD Y from 1/16 LR order, but for some reason they're charging me $1K more to edit order??

Model Y All-Wheel Drive $50,990
Pearl White Paint Included
19’’ Gemini Wheels Included
All Black Premium Interior Included
Five Seat Interior Included
Autopilot Included
Subtotal $50,990
Destination Fee $1,390
Order Fee $250
Total $52,630

Anyone else? At this point I can just cancel and place a new order to save $750

And Tesla is DEFINITE f****** w/ me by shipping this same car to my delivery center.

1681152539233.png

Same car + 7 seater and white Interior, they want me to spend an extra $5K. I would probably bite a month ago... BUT not anymore!!

F 'em!! I'll wait for my exact car ya bastards!!

Cheers!!

beewang

officially switching to SR AWD Y from 1/16 LR order, but for some reason they're charging me $1K more to edit order??

Model Y All-Wheel Drive $50,990
Pearl White Paint Included
19’’ Gemini Wheels Included
All Black Premium Interior Included
Five Seat Interior Included
Autopilot Included
Subtotal $50,990
Destination Fee $1,390
Order Fee $250
Total $52,630

Anyone else? At this point I can just cancel and place a new order to save $750
Call them to edit!
If you cancel you'd lose your $250 (yes I know you priced in already) AND you'd be(rolled back) back of the line again..

And Tesla is DEFINITE f****** w/ me by shipping this same car to my delivery center.

View attachment 926891

Same car + 7 seater and white Interior, they want me to spend an extra $5K. I would probably bite a month ago... BUT not anymore!!

F 'em!! I'll wait for my exact car ya bastards!!

Cheers!!

beewang
Hey, at least it is a LR with 19" rims! :) Just kidding. This infuriates me as well.

Well thanks to you I just ordered some black wheel covers.. found a cheapo set on Amazon that had like a $100 coupon ($160 shipping included) - yeah I know probably going to be awful but figured what the heck, have no probs returning if I have to.

I did check AlieExpress but seemed like a crazy wait plus with the shipping fees came out to slightly higher - still don't really have a whole lot of trust in them for more expensive purchases anyway.

The ones you ordered look pretty nice!
The covers I ordered look very similar to the factory covers in design but they are black. I don't have the link or I would post it. MIne were about 159.00 on Amazon. I wanted a cover that hides the rims like the factory covers.Mine came with foam tape but no directions. I applied the tape to the outer inside of the covers, but I'm wondering if maybe it was supposed to go directly on the rim to hide some of the silver?

There are probably other ways of darkening the inside of the rims to make the look 100% dark, and part of what can be seen is brake calipers. Most people will not notice- Inless you ordered the the 20" wheels and see that I tried to get the look for less :) Another benefit, if the covers get scraped it's a lot less expensive to replace covers than rims. I know it's going to bother me and I'm going to need to darken somehow behind the covers....maybe.

Attachments

• rims 1.jpg
    rims 1.jpg
    741.4 KB · Views: 41
Still no VIN..
Hang in there it's going to happen.
Not sure if this might given them a nudge or not. Do you reach out to the SA through texts occasionally? Who knows? can't hurt. The reality of it is this just isn't a 'fair' way for them to do things, as in sequentially. I am also going to guess that without sales tax in NJ, there were a LOT of orders. I could be wrong.

Is that the only time when the EDD updates?
Although I got EDD updates later in the day at first, they eventually only came at 8:00 AM CST (9:00 AM EST). After the time change, they came at 9:00 AM CDT. I concluded that they actually are issued at 2:00 PM GMT, so when you get them will depend on your time zone and whether or not Daylight Saving Time is observed and in effect. VINs can be assigned at any time - and sometimes with no notification, so those of us who kept reopening the app multiple times per day weren't completely insane. :)

Last edited: