Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooo... My brother-in-law's MY was originally scheduled to ship to Tyler, TX, but he still had no VIN and his EDD kept moving farther away. I found a match for him in Plano, but he didn't get it in time. I found another one in Houston, which he had assigned to him. He got a VIN right away, but no offer to schedule a delivery date. This morning, he checked the app and found that his delivery appointment is scheduled for one day next week in Tyler, TX. WHAT? He's very confused as am I. He's on hold with Tesla now to try and find out what's going on. He'd love to take delivery in Tyler since that's much closer than Houston, but the vehicle is/was in Houston, not Tyler and he never scheduled delivery himself - the appointment just appeared without any action on his part. I can't wait to see what Tesla has to say about this. :)

Sooo... My brother-in-law's MY was originally scheduled to ship to Tyler, TX, but he still had no VIN and his EDD kept moving farther away. I found a match for him in Plano, but he didn't get it in time. I found another one in Houston, which he had assigned to him. He got a VIN right away, but no offer to schedule a delivery date. This morning, he checked the app and found that his delivery appointment is scheduled for one day next week in Tyler, TX. WHAT? He's very confused as am I. He's on hold with Tesla now to try and find out what's going on. He'd love to take delivery in Tyler since that's much closer than Houston, but the vehicle is/was in Houston, not Tyler and he never scheduled delivery himself - the appointment just appeared without any action on his part. I can't wait to see what Tesla has to say about this. :)
UPDATE: Just another glitch in the matrix. :) When he switched to an inventory vehicle last week, someone at Tesla didn't update his delivery location. The delivery date was correct, but the location was wrong and has now been corrected. He'll be picking his up a week after me even though he ordered a week before I did. We both had to find and switch to exact-match inventory vehicles in order to bring about some certainty. We're having to travel farther away to take delivery, but that is better than the unknowns and waiting to us.

Reactions: Jesse75
Another build match for me in Nesconset, NY. 100 miles away but can only be registered in NY or CT. Ugh! So close yet so far away!

Waiting for Tesla says build date is today. I know people have said this before but anyway to redirect this to NJ? :)
I'll just pretend I am Tesla,... "..Sir, You want what??!! LOL!! No! Cars assigned to destination cannot be re-assigned/re-routed..."

hope this helps,

beewang

Well... its that time of the day again.. Time to update my EDD. I predict this will be a daily ritual going fwd.

1681228646991.png

beewang

Looking at your latest EDD being 4/26~5/31... I suspect you likely wont get your next update for 2 more weeks. Sorry to say.

beewang
I sure hope that is not the case. erktrek had his update today and had a later EDD than mine but one day earlier OD. Different build of course.

Here is hoping that Beewang is being a Beepaininthearse with me! LOL