Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG! Not a VIN but an updated EDD! 4/24-5/22. Never thought I'd be so happy to see a change in EDD. LOL!
Awesome! 🤞

No change with our EDD but the window starts on Tuesday.
🤞 🤞

(been there before of course)

hawk-eye-dont-give-me-hope.gif

Update. After having no available appointments when asked to schedule my delivery text. I spent a lot of time on hold to no one ever answering. Finally someone responded back to my text a few hours latter with a date at the end of my window which would not work for us. Several texts later and some appointments offered which then somehow were filled (all through text as scheduler in app had no appointments) we finally were able to lock down a time on 4/26. During this back and forth I get an automated Tesla text telling me to schedule delivery by tomorrow or I would lose my long awaited vehicle, that wasn't appreciated. I did find out that my car was built on 4/6 and is still in transit actually somewhere on the east coast. So the why not provide me the Vin earlier instead of making me feel all pressured to get everything done immediately (initial delivery timeframe had switched to 4/17-4/24).

Hopefully things will go smooth from here as I have some time to get everything in order for the delivery.

Now let's get Vins for my fellow North East people!

I don't know what is wrong with tesla, they moved my date again and this time its crazy. Moved it to May 25 thru June 29. This is such ridiculous customer service.
Yikes... yours keeps getting pushed later and later, mine has been bouncing around. Yours might actually fall back again given the long EDD window. That usually indicates a holding pattern where they haven't figured out the delivery schedule yet.. but that is speculation based on others posts and my limited experience with my EDD (no VIN or delivery date).

From following along here it seems actual deliver times are running 4 months. Is that correct?

Tesla web site suggests a MY ordered today would be delivered April to June, so potentially 3 months max. This same time last year cars promised in 3 months were actually delivering in 6 to 7 months, so not much credibility for the lead times provided by Tesla at ordering time.

I am curious to know real lead times before a place an order.

Yikes... yours keeps getting pushed later and later, mine has been bouncing around. Yours might actually fall back again given the long EDD window. That usually indicates a holding pattern where they haven't figured out the delivery schedule yet.. but that is speculation based on others posts and my limited experience with my EDD (no VIN or delivery date).
Hopefully it gets pushed to a sooner date but it is frustrating to see so many Y long range with either black interiors or 20" wheels pushed into the inventory when people with OD's from January are still waiting. I really don't want a black interior or a 20" wheel. 20" wheel looks like the most useless feature of that car which costs 2k.

Hopefully it gets pushed to a sooner date but it is frustrating to see so many Y long range with either black interiors or 20" wheels pushed into the inventory when people with OD's from January are still waiting. I really don't want a black interior or a 20" wheel. 20" wheel looks like the most useless feature of that car which costs 2k.
Well I'm in the black interior club BUT definitely like the white interior look as well.

Agree 100% on the uselessness of 20" for a MYLR - I picked long range for a reason.

Another White Gemini here. Just had a test drive in Springfield, NJ. To my surprise, it was not crowded at all on Saturday.

White interior looks very luxurious. Of course, worried about sensitivity to dirt and stains. Rep assured me that we can easily clean it off.

Reactions: erktrek
Me too!!! Now 4/25 - 5/23. One day after you :)
Your range is pretty close to mine. Wondering if my 4/23-5/21 may shift soon? I suspect it will actually end up being in mid-May though. You mentioned earlier seeing another MA order from 1/23 just getting VIN now?

I'm not in a huge rush now that the tax credit will stay. Looks like inventories nationwide are increasing a bit, which may lead to another price drop later in Q2.

VIN assigned at about 30 minutes ago:
7SAYGDEE0PF755XXX. (Freemont)

Thanks Tesla, my EDD is now the week I am out of town. Leaving April 27th, returning May 6th. Hopefully I can schedule for the Sunday May 7th after I get home.

OD 1/26 | MYLR blue/black/19/tow | NY
EDD1 (2/1): Mar 14-31 | EDD2 (2/14): Apr 10-May 22 | EDD3 (2/22): Apr 08-May 13 | EDD4 (3/7): Mar 15-31| EDD5 (3/16): Mar 19-31 | EDD6 (3/20): Apr 22-May 27 | EDD7 (4/11): Apr 22 - May 6 | VIN 4/15 Fremont-EDD 4/30-5/8

Last edited: