Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: erktrek
SA told me that’s is normal due to nature of the glass, because glass is wave. Is that correct?
I have never heard of such a thing although I'm not sure what you mean by "glass is wave". It doesn't matter what glass is - what matters is how the alignment of the glass is on the vehicle. One thing - IF what the SA says is true then why isn't this common on more of the Teslas there at the showroom? Can they show you other vehicles that are like this? Browse though delivered pics on this forum and see how many are like that - hint: none (afaik!).

I think @zroger73 is right - this was likely damaged in transport or at the showroom/sc.. and the SA just wanted to keep things moving.

You did the right thing in spite of the dubious claims made by the SA. Not acceptable for a $50+K car...

Last edited:
I have never heard of such a thing although I'm not sure what you mean by "glass is wave". It doesn't matter what glass is - what matters is how the alignment of the glass is on the vehicle. One thing - IF what the SA says is true then why isn't this common on more of the Teslas there at the showroom? Can they show you other vehicles that are like this? Browse though delivered pics on this forum and see how many are like that - hint: none (afaik!).

You did the right thing in spite of the dubious claims made by the SA. Not acceptable for a $50+K car...

I think @zroger73 is right - this was likely damaged in transport or at the showroom/sc.. and the SA just wanted to keep things moving.
Thanks, I’m glad that I did the right decisions yesterday. There is non of any Tesla has roof like this on the lot.

Sit tight, guys. It's worth the wait!!
MYP Black - Black Interior
OD: 2/3
BUILD DATE: 3/20
DELIVERED: 3/25
Flawless delivery.
No panel gaps
All systems worked
See pics of the paint
FactoryFreshoffthetruck.jpg
March 2023 MYP delivered walk around inspection

So, here's an odd question to throw out there, what are you all doing to try and get the full $7500 tax credit in 2024? From what I understand (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) the credit only offsets what you would owe to the Fed. Right?
Called HR and increased my deductions to 99 to increase the tax liability. Might do some gig work as well to incur some more as it wont be taxed until tax time

Reactions: erktrek
So, here's an odd question to throw out there, what are you all doing to try and get the full $7500 tax credit in 2024? From what I understand (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) the credit only offsets what you would owe to the Fed. Right?
The federal tax credit offsets your federal tax liability, which shouldn’t be confused with the amount you may potentially owe when filing your tax return.

As long as you have enough income to incur $7,500 in federal income tax liability you will receive the full credit, even if your federal tax withholdings over the year are enough to result in you owing $0 when filing your tax return.

The federal tax credit offsets your federal tax liability, which shouldn’t be confused with the amount you may potentially owe when filing your tax return.

As long as you have enough income to incur $7,500 in federal income tax liability you will receive the full credit, even if your federal tax withholdings over the year are enough to result in you owing $0 when filing your tax return.
Can you get partial credit if your income liability was less than $7500 or is it all or nothing?

Called HR and increased my deductions to 99 to increase the tax liability. Might do some gig work as well to incur some more as it wont be taxed until tax time
This isn’t necessary but adjusting personal exemptions does serve to allow you to collect the tax credit throughout the year vs waiting for a refund when filing your 2023 tax return. Just be careful that you don’t end up under withholding and create a situation where you have underpaid, even when accounting for the $7,500 credit.

Can you get partial credit if your income liability was less than $7500 or is it all or nothing?
Partial credit, that’s where the non-refundable language in the credit comes into play and why I think people confuse how the credit works.

The credit will offset all liability up to $7,500 but will not exceed your total liability if less than $7,500.

This isn’t necessary but adjusting personal exemptions does serve to allow you to collect the tax credit throughout the year vs waiting for a refund when filing your 2023 tax return. Just be careful that you don’t end up under withholding and create a situation where you have underpaid, even when accounting for the $7,500 credit.
I mean even if I owe at the end if it all I’m still paying the same amount of taxes while ensuring I maximize the credit.

I mean even if I owe at the end if it all I’m still paying the same amount of taxes while ensuring I maximize the credit.
All you need to do to maximize the credit is to make sure you have enough taxable income in 2023 to realize the full credit amount.

Reducing withholding does allow you to realize the benefit of not providing an interest free loan to the government with the downside of potentially resulting in underpayment of your total liability, which could result in underpayment penalty. Very dependent on your individual situation and there are safe harbor rules to help avoid penalty assessment if applicable.