Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my edd is tomorrow morning 4/18, here in NJ, and the app just showed me now I owe another 2k!!! The press release from NJ implies that orders through 4/17 at 9pm would keep the 2k if paperwork is in by May 1st. No idea what’s going to happen at the dealer tomorrow. Will be chaos.
My DD is today as well and I got the text from Tesla this morning that my total payment is now 2k more. This is crazy...

Me neither. There is an EXACT match to my order less than 200 miles away in Long Island. I texted the SA asking if I could get it, and they said NO. Frustrating. I think you NJ people might have a chance to get back the 2K rebate since the way it was worded i.e. you had ordered prior to yesterday's pause date. For us in MA is more dicey since we can only apply for the 3.5K rebate after delivery. I am always afraid to find out that the state runs out of money.
That last line hurts me the most. Illinois did 2 rounds of rebate worth $4K. They only had enough funds to give rebate to about half of second round applicants. Since then they have stopped the rebate until they get access to more funds. All this happened around the date I ordered. No funds since then and they have a 90 day window post delivery to be eligible to apply for the rebate. I am definitely missing a shot at the rebate 😅

My DD is today and I'm not sure whats going to happen with the 2k Rebate. I texted the 510 number waiting for a reply and I'm trying to call the NJ Charge Up program directly and no one is answering. The press release says order placed before April 17th should still receive the rebate.
I also tried calling the NJ number and ended up sending them an email (waiting on reply). I did just get a response back from the 510 number. Not much help so I have now emailed their suggestion.

from 510 number
Hello - the NJ Charge Up program is a state run program with limited funding. Tesla cannot guarantee funding availability. The state has run out of funding for this period, so the incentive was removed from your order. The store location does not have visibility into the reservation process. Please reach out to [email protected] for more details.

Not on mine! I wonder if they will place it back if the car is going to be delivered by May 1st.

I texted the 510 number with my concerns. I am sure they will be of no assistance.
This was the response.

Hello - the NJ Charge Up program is a state run program with limited funding. Tesla cannot guarantee funding availability. The state has run out of funding for this period, so the incentive was removed from your order. The store location does not have visibility into the reservation process. Please reach out to [email protected] for more details.

I emailed them.

I also responded to text because it's not accurate. Out of funds yes but stipulating that some under provided circumstances still qualify.

I also tried calling the NJ number and ended up sending them an email (waiting on reply). I did just get a response back from the 510 number. Not much help so I have now emailed their suggestion.

from 510 number
You beat me to it.

This was the response.

I emailed them.

I also responded to text because it's not accurate. Out of funds yes but stipulating that some under provided circumstances still qualify.
I called the NJ number which got routed to the Regional Call center. Was told by the representative who's been fielding similar calls all day that I should have received an email from [email protected], after my VIN was assigned, to docusign on the rebate forms. I told him that I received no such email. Checked junk/spam folders... Nothing. The representative also suggested that I wouldn't qualify since I'm taking delivery after April 17th. I told him that's not what the NJ press release stated. So basically, I'm going to have to duke it out at the Princeton SC at the time of delivery and see how things go. I'm not too hopeful. Does put a damper on DD, after the long wait.

MYLR White/Black 19" No tow
OD: 1/23
Original EDD: 3/2-3/31 EDD2: 3/18-3/31 EDD3: 3/31-5/5 EDD4: 4/17-5/15; VIN assigned 4/12. DD scheduled for 4/18

I called the NJ number which got routed to the Regional Call center. Was told by the representative who's been fielding similar calls all day that I should have received an email from [email protected], after my VIN was assigned, to docusign on the rebate forms. I told him that I received no such email. Checked junk/spam folders... Nothing. The representative also suggested that I wouldn't qualify since I'm taking delivery after April 17th. I told him that's not what the NJ press release stated. So basically, I'm going to have to duke it out at the Princeton SC at the time of delivery and see how things go. I'm not too hopeful. Does put a damper on DD, after the long wait.

MYLR White/Black 19" No tow
OD: 1/23
Original EDD: 3/2-3/31 EDD2: 3/18-3/31 EDD3: 3/31-5/5 EDD4: 4/17-5/15; VIN assigned 4/12. DD scheduled for 4/18
What NJ number? For Tesla?

Is that how it is supposed to go regardless in NJ? I wonder if anyone else here that has taken delivery can provide guidance regarding the NJ rebate.

Crazy that they cannot read a simple press release that I am sure they got ahead of time and were able to digest probably days before to give them and any other manufacturer/dealer time to submit orders made before 4/17 to the NJ rebate site.

What NJ number? For Tesla?

Is that how it is supposed to go regardless in NJ? I wonder if anyone else here that has taken delivery can provide guidance regarding the NJ rebate.

Crazy that they cannot read a simple press release that I am sure they got ahead of time and were able to digest probably days before to give them and any other manufacturer/dealer time to submit orders made before 4/17 to the NJ rebate site.
I called the Princeton, NJ service center number that I'm scheduled to go to later this evening. The call gets routed to a Regional call center.

Reactions: erktrek and Skunis
I called the Princeton, NJ service center number that I'm scheduled to go to later this evening. The call gets routed to a Regional call center.
Ok. That is odd. I called the NJ number a couple of weeks ago and I got someone from the SC that picked up.

Good luck tonight! That is my SC as well. Let me know how it works out. We should all be eligible if Tesla followed the directions.

Ok. That is odd. I called the NJ number a couple of weeks ago and I got someone from the SC that picked up.

Good luck tonight! That is my SC as well. Let me know how it works out. We should all be eligible if Tesla followed the directions.
I am picking up there as well. Feels like everyone is pointing to someone else for answers.
Received a similar canned email from Charge up saying to contact Tesla.

Thank you for reaching out. We recommend reaching out to Tesla as it is the dealership's responsibility to determine eligibility & submit applications.

The Charge Up New Jersey program has come to a pause as of 9:00pm EST on
Monday, April 17th, 2023 due to the obligation of funds for eligible electric vehicles ordered,
purchased, or leased within the eligibility window from July 25th, 2022 to April 17th, 2023.

Dealerships and showrooms will be required to enter all eligible orders as described in the updated
Terms and Conditions. The program administrator will accept and review all applications with an eligible
vehicle order, purchase, or lease date within the eligibility window.

For eligible cars that are ordered, eligible dealerships must follow the program's reservation process in order toreservefunds for a vehicle that has been ordered but not yet delivered. The dealership will have 14 days from the order date to submit an application in order to reserve funding for the ordered vehicle. Once the vehicle is delivered, the dealership is responsible for applying the incentive at the point-of-sale and then submitting the final documentation for the application.

In order to qualify for the Year Three Charge Up incentive, New Jersey residents had to order, purchase,
or lease an eligible EV in the State on or after July 25, 2022 and before the pause of the program on April
17, 2023 at 9:00 p.m. EST. To learn more about the Charge Up New Jersey Program, additional eligibility
requirements, and funding level information, please visitwww.chargeup.njcleanenergy.com.

Currently, no additional funds are anticipated for FY 23. However, we will keep you updated on
information regarding FY 24 funding for Charge Up New Jersey as directed by the NJ Board of Public
Utilities.

The Charge Up Residential Charger Rebate remains active, and is not impacted by the pause in the EV
incentive program.

Sincerely,
Charge Up New Jersey Staff
Center for Sustainable Energy®

I am picking up there as well. Feels like everyone is pointing to someone else for answers.
Received a similar canned email from Charge up saying to contact Tesla.

Thank you for reaching out. We recommend reaching out to Tesla as it is the dealership's responsibility to determine eligibility & submit applications.

The Charge Up New Jersey program has come to a pause as of 9:00pm EST on
Monday, April 17th, 2023 due to the obligation of funds for eligible electric vehicles ordered,
purchased, or leased within the eligibility window from July 25th, 2022 to April 17th, 2023.

Dealerships and showrooms will be required to enter all eligible orders as described in the updated
Terms and Conditions. The program administrator will accept and review all applications with an eligible
vehicle order, purchase, or lease date within the eligibility window.

For eligible cars that are ordered, eligible dealerships must follow the program's reservation process in order toreservefunds for a vehicle that has been ordered but not yet delivered. The dealership will have 14 days from the order date to submit an application in order to reserve funding for the ordered vehicle. Once the vehicle is delivered, the dealership is responsible for applying the incentive at the point-of-sale and then submitting the final documentation for the application.

In order to qualify for the Year Three Charge Up incentive, New Jersey residents had to order, purchase,
or lease an eligible EV in the State on or after July 25, 2022 and before the pause of the program on April
17, 2023 at 9:00 p.m. EST. To learn more about the Charge Up New Jersey Program, additional eligibility
requirements, and funding level information, please visitwww.chargeup.njcleanenergy.com.

Currently, no additional funds are anticipated for FY 23. However, we will keep you updated on
information regarding FY 24 funding for Charge Up New Jersey as directed by the NJ Board of Public
Utilities.

The Charge Up Residential Charger Rebate remains active, and is not impacted by the pause in the EV
incentive program.

Sincerely,
Charge Up New Jersey Staff
Center for Sustainable Energy®
This is good info!

I am wondering if Tesla is doing or has done this "The dealership will have 14 days from the order date to submit an application in order to reserve funding for the ordered vehicle."

However, that is different from what the press release said which was that dealers had to submit application for an order to reserve funding by 9pm on April 17th.

So much finger pointing going on and if the rules said they had to apply for reserve funds within 14 days of an order then it should have been done already for most of us.

I just do not get it.

Now for me it may be a moot point as I still do not have a VIN yet. Last day I could pick up the car and argue for the rebate is probably April 29th which is a Saturday.

Still waiting to hear from anyone else in NJ that are picking up their cars today or after on how the NJ rebate was handled.

Also, anyone that picked up in NJ before today how was the NJ rebate handled?