Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NJ charge up paused funding. $2K discount is not showing up in my account anymore. This is really screwed up.

View attachment 929387
Truly is screwed up. Tesla had to know they had to enter orders in and just didn't do it.

Reactions: erktrek
NJ charge up paused funding. $2K discount is not showing up in my account anymore. This is really screwed up.

View attachment 929387
I wonder if there is a way to appeal this with Tesla. I'm sure the state told all manufactures and dealers about this deadline to report. It's on them to report and we all ordered before April 17th.

Now if we can't take delivery before May 1st we are SOL.

Not on mine! I wonder if they will place it back if the car is going to be delivered by May 1st.

I texted the 510 number with my concerns. I am sure they will be of no assistance.
They are useless. Never received substantial answer from them. I am just hoping that they will fix this soon. I remember Tesla removed $2K around January due to confusion with state on eligibility. They corrected it a few days later.

After participating in this forum I'm worried about ALL Telsa deliveries at this point. 🤣

But yeah, def going to keep an eye out. Our SC is like 10 mins away from us and I have no problems dropping by and making a pest of myself.
Say whaaaaaaaaaat ? They pushed you again? Durnit. I was pulling for you guys. I will say at least externally you are handling this well.

I think Tesla vision is ok. I wanted to replace the warning tones with fart sounds but then I never really grew up. I don't believe I can do anything but add them to the turn signals.

What is more concerning to me is I financed part of the deal, and so far I haven't heard anything from the lender and it's been two weeks. I imagine eventually they will catch up to me 🤣

Just a few updates:

1. Today is my brother-in-law's big day - he drives 3.5 hours to Houston to take delivery of his new Model Y. I'm excited for him because I know he's going to love it! UPDATE: My brother just messaged me saying he has "some other news" regarding my BIL's Tesla, but he'll "email me because there's a lot to say". 😨

2. I was considering selling my 2021 Honda Ridgeline (my daily driver that the Model Y replaced) to Carvana, but a fellow Ridgeline forum member wanted to buy it for the same price. We began discussing the logistics of how to get the vehicle from Texas to California then I got a call from a local Kia dealership who offered more for it. He understood the benefits of selling it locally for a higher amount, so I drove it to the dealer yesterday afternoon. 20 minutes after I arrived, I was given a check and a ride home. I was very pleased with the selling price considering it needed needed new tires and had a cracked windshield and hail damage.

IMG_5430.JPG

3. I now have 465 miles on my Model Y and I'm absolutely loving it. It was definitely worth all the stress and frustration, even though it might have been impossible to convince me of that during the wait. I've been stopped several times and asked questions about it - Teslas and other EVs in particular are extremely rare sights around Northeast Texas, so they tend to arouse curiosities. I've learned that Teslas and Miatas are not good vehicles for introverts to own. 😊

IMG_5449.JPG

1. Today is my brother-in-law's big day - he drives 3.5 hours to Houston to take delivery of his new Model Y. I'm excited for him because I know he's going to love it! UPDATE: My brother just messaged me saying he has "some other news" regarding my BIL's Tesla, but he'll "email me because there's a lot to say". 😨
Okay, so here's the story (I hope I'm remembering all the details correctly and in the right order).

My BIL ordered on January 15. His original delivery location was Dallas, but that was later updated to Tyler (can't remember if he was able to request that or if Tesla did it). He's much closer to Tyler. Like the rest of us, his EDDs kept moving all over the place and he was growing impatient. I found his exact build in Dallas inventory, but it was gone in less than an hour before he got my message. There was another one in Houston, which was even farther away than Dallas, but he was able to have it assigned to him. After an unusual delay, he finally got a delivery date, but the location showed Tyler. It turns out that Tesla forgot to change the delivery location from Tyler to Houston when he had the inventory vehicle assigned. That was updated and everything was in order for a Houston delivery. Well, he got a call from Tesla yesterday who told him the vehicle that was scheduled to ship to Houston was accidentally shipped to Tyler. They had scheduled it to be brought back to Houston, but thankfully, someone realized the shipping error actually worked out in my BIL's favor since he's much closer to Tyler so they left it there. The downside is there will be an unexpected delay while they wait on temporary tags to be issued in a different county than originally planned, but the upside is that he'll only have to travel 38 miles to pick up his Model Y instead of 211 miles.

Me too, but preparing myself for it to be a couple of more days since our EDD was changed a few days after the other's.
No update. :( I am losing hope here. My guess is Tesla did put in our orders in NJ for the rebate but until they know the delivery date will be before May 1st they are removing it so we have no proof we were supposed to get it.

Also, Princeton has my build but with 20s! So frustrating!

Reactions: Jesse75
Well, you should qualify. You ordered before April 17th and took delivery before May 1st. May 1st is the cutoff for dealers to apply for the rebate back and in turn provide that upfront rebate in NJ to you. I would call your SA.
It depends on Tesla's point of sales rules and if they reserved funds. Some folks in other forums are saying that it's not guaranteed at this point.

Reactions: erktrek and Skunis
No update. :( I am losing hope here. My guess is Tesla did put in our orders in NJ for the rebate but until they know the delivery date will be before May 1st they are removing it so we have no proof we were supposed to get it.

Also, Princeton has my build but with 20s! So frustrating!
Me neither. There is an EXACT match to my order less than 200 miles away in Long Island. I texted the SA asking if I could get it, and they said NO. Frustrating. I think you NJ people might have a chance to get back the 2K rebate since the way it was worded i.e. you had ordered prior to yesterday's pause date. For us in MA is more dicey since we can only apply for the 3.5K rebate after delivery. I am always afraid to find out that the state runs out of money.