Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the price goes back up, will it go back up for my configuration as well?
Nope. You always get the lower price. If the price goes up, you stay at your current lower price. If the price goes down again, you get the lower price. Once you take delivery of your car, you don't get anything if they increase/decrease the prices again.

Some people last year paid like $66,990 for MYLR and now it's at $49,990 so those people are SOL aside from having a great car.

Nope. You always get the lower price. If the price goes up, you stay at your current lower price. If the price goes down again, you get the lower price. Once you take delivery of your car, you don't get anything if they increase/decrease the prices again.

Some people last year paid like $66,990 for MYLR and now it's at $49,990 so those people are SOL aside from having a great car.
Thank you appreciate it!

Reactions: rr_92

so even if you’ve applied for a loan but still have no VIN they will adjust to the new lower price? They did a couple of weeks ago, but I hadn’t locked in a loan yet since at the time est delivery was close to 30 days out. Once I applied for the loan set delivery got move up an entire month, May 2-30, but still no VIN.

5k less than the original order since March would really be incredible and take the sting away from the crazy low trade in offer…

so even if you’ve applied for a loan but still have no VIN they will adjust to the new lower price? They did a couple of weeks ago, but I hadn’t locked in a loan yet since at the time est delivery was close to 30 days out. Once I applied for the loan set delivery got move up an entire month, May 2-30, but still no VIN.

5k less than the original order since March would really be incredible and take the sting away from the crazy low trade in offer…
I believe all customers who have an order placed for a vehicle that has had its priced reduced should receive an email tomorrow or so about the price discount and the price for their order will update to honor the lower price.

I believe all customers who have an order placed for a vehicle that has had its priced reduced should receive an email tomorrow or so about the price discount and the price for their order will update to honor the lower price.
I hope so my delivery schedule for 2:00 p.m. Tomorrow at Portland Oregon.

If they won't honor the discount... I will refuse delivery and reorder the car. I don't give a crap! I've been waiting for over 90 days now another 90 days is fine!!

Delivery scheduled for Friday at 2 PM. Just submitted my final payment (down payment, using Tesla Financing) this morning. Really hoping no resistance to getting the updated pricing.
I'll be stopping by My credit union at noon to pickup my cashier's check for the loan amt enroute to delivery center.

Will be calling them in the morning.. if they don't do the right thing I have no problem walking away. Hell at this rate I'll get it this car another $5,000 less in 5 months.

They'll have to refund my money less $250. If they won't honor the $3,000 price discount.

Beewang

Delivery scheduled for Friday at 2 PM. Just submitted my final payment (down payment, using Tesla Financing) this morning. Really hoping no resistance to getting the updated pricing.
Please update how it goes! Would be nice if it goes as smooth as the previous drop last week. They just updated the order agreement without issues. But for a paid order it will be nice to see if the handle it properly, to reflect the reduced cost!

Please update how it goes! Would be nice if it goes as smooth as the previous drop last week. They just updated the order agreement without issues. But for a paid order it will be nice to see if the handle it properly, to reflect the reduced cost!
Will do!!
I think you guys who are scheduled in a few days later are in the clear. For those of us who is taking delivery tomorrow with some (if not all) of our money paid. They could potentially try to **** with us. But the reality is... If I balk at the higher price..
They are stuck selling to the next guy at the lower price. So we'll see!!

Cheers,

beewang

Just checked the app. New price is reflected. It looks like my loan updated, but the down payment stayed the same. I’m showing a -$2000 amount due now. Interesting.

edit: need to re-accept loan offer, but rate did not change

AWESOME!!! Based on Craigcabrey’s reply I checked the app. Yep, sure enough, price is reflecting the change!!! THANK YOU TESLA for handling this without any hassle!!! Will be adding more share tomorrow with our savings! Probably a few before earnings and a few after. But that 3k is going into shares!!

Attachments

• IMG_2698.jpeg
    IMG_2698.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited: