Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plenty :) - less range, lower ride quality, more expensive tires - which may need to be replaced more often, can’t be rotated front to back, and offer less protection from the dreaded curb rash, more expensive insurance, staying below the 55k threshold for some state incentives prior to the most recent price cut, and/or less value placed on the additional 1.1 - 1.3 improvement in the 0-60 time or the cosmetic upgrades that come with the Performance model.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preference. If you can’t tell, I went with the MYLR but if you value the additional upgrades that come with the MYP, that’s all really that matters and not a bad choice.
Thanks. I drive my BMW X5, M and familiar with the ride quality, probably expected similar from the MYP. Some how i did not like the overall drive experience with MYLR for what ever reason, anyways, like you said its more of a personal preference, I think that's where the buck stops. Thanks for the insight on few things that i was not aware, so good info.

Just bought a ton of accessories. Floor mats, jack pucks, mud flaps, wheel covers with Tesla center emblem, and trunk organizer.

so-it-begins-raining.gif

My EDD window starts tomorrow and still no VIN. I bet it will move out, OD 1/30 MYLR.
Yeah that's what happened to us.. although there seems to be a load of MYLRs from Freemont hitting the Northeast - some of the folks with longer waits have finally gotten VINs... Also in NJ a lot of Jan orders are looking like they are about to be fulfilled from Austin.

🤞🤞🤞

(VIN in hand, still waiting on a DD)

The MYP is going to sit lower and ride more harshly than the other MY models. For someone who uses the car to get from A to B they probably want a softer ride with more ground clearance over a performance type suspension. Add in the larger sidewall tires, that are cheaper to replace on the standard models. It makes for a better everyday driver for a family needing a car not a performance car. It is the same reason there is a base model Mustang and Camaro, built along side the Mustang GT and Camaro ZL1. One is an everyday driver and one model is the performance model that does everything a little better when it comes to the performance and handling.

As my dad would always tell me. “I have never bought a car that I thought. I wish it had less power and wasn’t so nice”…. Buy the one you want from the beginning and know that you won’t look back and say, I wish I would have bought the other model to begin with.
Thanks. Yes, I agree. After driving my first impression was MYP is better and i did not find much difference in overall handling between MYLR vs MYP. I will go back and take a look again since i am almost ready to order :).

Hey! I am new to this community and planning to put an order for my MYP. Current car lease is ending in Aug this year and trying to get closer possible, but don't want to wait too long. Based on your info, You ordered on 03/11 and at this point expected delivery is 05/03?? So if i order now, i won't expect it before Early June?? Can someone confirm Please?
Hard to tell. I think it is based on a number of factors including location, ext color, int color.

If there's a way to determine where each of those put you on the timeline, I don't where that information is tracked.

I know there's a spreadsheet out there somewhere, but when I found it way back when I ordered, I couldn't make sense of it.

Reactions: erktrek
Thanks. Yes, I agree. After driving my first impression was MYP is better and i did not find much difference in overall handling between MYLR vs MYP. I will go back and take a look again since i am almost ready to order :).

Been a BMW guy since 1997 and 14 bmws owned (and a former BMW CCA card carrying member).

Here's my thoughts:
- The MYLR handles nicely... And MYP even better... But the law of physics (same as the MX 5) applies... The bigger car is just not going to handle it's a sedan. To me this is a SUV/SAV to which we will take this up to the mountain to ski, or down by the beach for biking. The ability to put on snow chain and not having the wheel scratched up curbed is important.

Yes I still have my BMW ///M5 to track and the Tesla model 3 to go fast (Can't believe I just said that!! LoL 😂 isn't it ironic?!)
. The $4K premium for the MYP is not going to be effective use of capital.

If you really want to go a little bit more faster.
You could do this for $2K to satisfy your thirst

I still think it's not a good value... But hey it works!!

Just my 2 cents

beewang

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230423-094631.png
    Screenshot_20230423-094631.png
    506.4 KB · Views: 77
I thought Tesla was supposed to submit the paperwork directly? Any user part would therefore happen on delivery day since being unique to NJ the app does not have a section for this.
Ok so the 1May deadline for NJ charge up is more for the Tesla portion of paper work and the user portion of paperwork can happen post 1May as well? I'm trying to get insight as my delivery seems will be May 5-8, and don't want to miss 2k just by few days 😐

Ok so the 1May deadline for NJ charge up is more for the Tesla portion of paper work and the user portion of paperwork can happen post 1May as well? I'm trying to get insight as my delivery seems will be May 5-8, and don't want to miss 2k just by few days 😐
We need to submit paperwork after the delivery. What happens after May 1st delivery is anyone's guess.