Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't after filling out the paperwork.
You can track submission to approval by establishing an account

You can track submission to approval by establishing an account

Just signed up and no application pending.

Did you have any issues? I'm reading there may be a cable blocking the vent on one side.
No, I had absolutely no issues at all with these. I traveled to my Meemaw’s with my Model 3 otherwise I’d take a picture and show you how they fit 😂
I have these in all 3 of my Teslas and they all fit fine.

Reactions: erktrek and Skunis
1682795647999.jpeg

not sure if it is Austin vs Fremont, but this image was the one that made me choose the Velcro ones.

Tesla asked me to sign the MA application for title, and they lump in the destination and order fees into the MSRP line on the form. They insist this is normal practice. I find this strange though. My configuration is just base LR + tow at $50,990.

Seems like it will have tax implications, and if the configuration was closer to $55k, I wonder if I would have had issues claiming the MA tax credit.

1682800666289.png

Tesla asked me to sign the MA application for title, and they lump in the destination and order fees into the MSRP line on the form. They insist this is normal practice. I find this strange though. My configuration is just base LR + tow at $50,990.

Seems like it will have tax implications, and if the configuration was closer to $55k, I wonder if I would have had issues claiming the MA tax credit.

View attachment 933053
The purchase agreement has the itemization separating the destination fee. Make sure you print it out for your records.

Reactions: rjackey

View attachment 933053
It is normal, The order fee which other car dealer's refer to as a "documentation fee", and the destination are fully taxable by the wonderful state of Ma.

Does anyone happen to know if there are any options for snagging a Y that’s in inventory that matches your ordered config exactly but is several states away? 15 hour drive. Can Tesla relocate it to the nearest delivery center, even for a fee? The listing also does say the car can be registered in one of 4 states, none of which are mine, so that sounds like a roadblock as well.

Does anyone happen to know if there are any options for snagging a Y that’s in inventory that matches your ordered config exactly but is several states away? 15 hour drive. Can Tesla relocate it to the nearest delivery center, even for a fee? The listing also does say the car can be registered in one of 4 states, none of which are mine, so that sounds like a roadblock as well.
Every time I asked Tesla, they said no.

• Informative
Reactions: LetsGoElectric