Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone here try the DIY precut PPF from Drive Protected?

I did it years ago with a friend and basically spend a good 6 hrs installing xpel.

You need patience and I just don't think I want to spend 1/2 day on it. I think I'll stick with something simple like this that ll cover the 70 % or the sweet spot. It's simpler!!

Bumper Clear Protection Film (PPF) for Tesla Model Y with Parking Sensors Cutouts (Until Nov 2022) https://a.co/d/3uXs6XH

beewang

• Informative
Reactions: erktrek
Check out TWRAPS.

I did it years ago with a friend and basically spend a good 6 hrs installing xpel.

You need patience and I just don't think I want to spend 1/2 day on it. I think I'll stick with something simple like this that ll cover the 70 % or the sweet spot. It's simpler!!

Bumper Clear Protection Film (PPF) for Tesla Model Y with Parking Sensors Cutouts (Until Nov 2022) https://a.co/d/3uXs6XH

beewang

Looks like these would cover the worst area, though I was contemplating getting the entire car PPF kit. I spend a lot of time buffing out scratches on my cars (though maybe white paint they don't show as much?), and would be nice to not worry about that so much. Still it does cost a lot though getting it done at a shop costs way more.

Looks like these would cover the worst area, though I was contemplating getting the entire car PPF kit. I spend a lot of time buffing out scratches on my cars (though maybe white paint they don't show as much?), and would be nice to not worry about that so much. Still it does cost a lot though getting it done at a shop costs way more.

Picture of my 4 years old model 3 white.... I think if I just use that small piece up front it ll do the job and I can handle it doing it by itself

Attachments

• PXL_20230427_170509694.jpg
    PXL_20230427_170509694.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Informative
Reactions: rjackey and imgcs
Hey folks, after countless emails and texts, still I couldn't get hold of NJ charge up rebate form, so don't know what else to do. The 510 guys said email the customer rebate email, but that email is not sending anything or responding or I haven't received anything. Tomorrow being last day of the 1May deadline, wondering anyone has any suggestions to make last ditch effort to make sure we get the 2k rebate? Thanks for help in advance. OD 2/2, DD Appointment on 5/8 at Springfield, NJ Tesla service center. Thanks

Hey folks, after countless emails and texts, still I couldn't get hold of NJ charge up rebate form, so don't know what else to do. The 510 guys said email the customer rebate email, but that email is not sending anything or responding or I haven't received anything. Tomorrow being last day of the 1May deadline, wondering anyone has any suggestions to make last ditch effort to make sure we get the 2k rebate? Thanks for help in advance. OD 2/2, DD Appointment on 5/8 at Springfield, NJ Tesla service center. Thanks
Maybe visit the SC and see if anyone there is willing to help but you'll likely get the same cop-out response - "Sorry, we only know what you know.". Maybe grab a supervisor/manager if they aren't in hiding.

Reactions: groenqueen