Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Go back to our conversation from 22-Apr.

I just talked to Tesla. Just have to put in proof of insurance and he said should be ok. App is generic to cover all 50 states.

Reactions: zroger73
I just received my vin. Plano TX to pick up. How I know from where is build? Austin ? How I know?
For those that have taken delivery in Plano Tx. How was it? Got a text changing our delivery day/time. Did you get similar message?

“ please note that your Model Y pick up will be located at 6836 Democracy Dr, Plano, TX 75024. Do not enter that building, as this is not a Tesla office.

You may disregard the automated message and the address listed in your Tesla app stating 5800 Democracy Dr.”

Reactions: zroger73
For those that have taken delivery in Plano Tx. How was it? Got a text changing our delivery day/time. Did you get similar message?

“ please note that your Model Y pick up will be located at 6836 Democracy Dr, Plano, TX 75024. Do not enter that building, as this is not a Tesla office.

You may disregard the automated message and the address listed in your Tesla app stating 5800 Democracy Dr.”
The new location mentioned (6836 Democracy Dr) is across from Tesla Service Center (5800 Democracy Dr). The parking spaces at 5800 are almost always full (been there multiple times). Maybe that's why they are also using the parking lot across the street. Google Maps street view also shows a lot of Tesla cars parked at 6836 Democracy Dr.

Reactions: carcrazyguy
Ok…we are driving about 350 miles to pick it up. Just thought it was odd that they changed the date/location/time right before and then “don’t go in that building”. Almost was like “hey we dropped your car off in a random parking lot….good luck”…🤪. I know the delivery is pretty much seamless but I at least wanted someone from Tesla to be available if we had a question or issue. Hopefully it will go smooth!

Delivery day! A few minor issues to report on this Austin VIN:
  1. A bit of misalignment of the trunk. It sticks out past the bumper slightly on the right side and is tight against the right tail light. They said it can be adjusted but take a few hours. Gave choice of waiting or come back, I chose to come back later for that.
  2. Rear passenger window misalignment. The top front of this window closes on top of the B pillar glass. Top rear has a gap from the seal. They are fixing this right now while I wait.
  3. Minor black smudge on paint. They buffed out on the spot.
  4. Tiny bit of paint missing on the lower inside bottom of the rear passenger door. They are going to touch up for me today.
  5. There are small gaps where the black wheel trim meet the rear doors. They tell me this is normal and it appears to be same on others.
Trading in was super easy. They didn't inspect anything, just took my old plates off and drove the car around back, and commented on how clean it looked. Planning to accept assuming they can fix the window (#2).

PXL_20230501_164226552.jpg

Rear passenger window closes atop B pillar:
PXL_20230501_164556222.jpg

This is the gap between top rear of rear driver side window and the small triangular window in the far back corner:
PXL_20230501_164249511.jpg

PXL_20230501_164200111.jpg

PXL_20230501_164958619.jpg

PXL_20230501_164207812.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230501_162741091.jpg
    PXL_20230501_162741091.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Ok…we are driving about 350 miles to pick it up. Just thought it was odd that they changed the date/location/time right before and then “don’t go in that building”. Almost was like “hey we dropped your car off in a random parking lot….good luck”…🤪
Delivery day! A few minor issues to report on this Austin VIN:
  1. A bit of misalignment of the trunk. It sticks out past the bumper slightly on the right side and is tight against the right tail light. They said it can be adjusted but take a few hours. Gave choice of waiting or come back, I chose to come back later for that.
  2. Rear passenger window misalignment. They are fixing this right now while I wait.
  3. Minor black smudge on paint. They buffed out on the spot.
  4. Tiny bit of paint missing on the lower inside bottom of the rear passenger door. They are going to touch up for me today.
  5. There are small gaps where the black wheel trim meet the rear doors. They tell me this is normal and it appears to be same on others.
Trading in was super easy. They didn't inspect anything, just took my old plates off and drove the car around back, and commented on how clean it looked. Planning to accept assuming they can fix the window (#2).

View attachment 933538

View attachment 933539

View attachment 933540

View attachment 933541

View attachment 933543
👍 it will be interesting to get an update in a few weeks/months after going from driving something that “hardly had enough power to get up to highway speed”…..to something that eats tires! 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and rjackey
Got VIN assigned on Sunday 4/30 (MYLR 19” Gemini, 7 seater, CT/Tri state area).

1. How long (days/weeks?) before I expect delivery? (I don’t have a rush to get the car, haven’t had time to think about options/actual test drive - so not sure I can change those still). Trying to get an idea on timelines before delivery (Mt Kisko center) to prep.

2. I’m undecided on Model 3 trade in; how long is the trade in process with Tesla? (And what would be the process)

3. Can I re use the previous car license plates (paid taxes for that already)? And does old car need to be sold before accepting delivery? to be able to reuse the license plate?

TIA!