Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
510 number just reached out that they need my proof of insurance.

I basically told them I will provide on the day of delivery because I cannot and will not insure a car I do not own and my insurance will not provide such proof until that day which is Saturday.

That morning I can upload the proof of insurance that will show on my insurance app.
Progressive gave me a letter stating that the car would be insured on such-and-such a date. That was good enough.

Reactions: Skunis
Amazon shows 6 days for me - just like Best Buy. Yes, I have Prime and no, it's not worth it because I hardly ever watch Prime Video and I no longer buy near as much from Amazon as I used to. Amazon used to be cheaper and faster - now, they're the same or higher and slower. :)
It's worth it if you have their credit card; 5% back on the wall charger was a nice chunk of change.

Reactions: imgcs and zroger73
Maybe call them?

I wonder what the cost is to return the charger when you get it.
You have 60 days from the date a Wall Connector is delivered to return it for a full refund - just don't open it or you may have to pay a 15% restocking fee. Tesla will provide a return shipping label.

Maybe call them?

I wonder what the cost is to return the charger when you get it.
I may try to call them but I need the time. Heard hold times are crazy.

Is it the same customer service number? I only see an email to reach out on the site.

I just called and cannot get through to anyone. Just tells me to email them and then either hangs up or makes me go to previous menu.

I may try to call them but I need the time. Heard hold times are crazy.

Is it the same customer service number? I only see an email to reach out on the site.

I just called and cannot get through to anyone. Just tells me to email them and then either hangs up or makes me go to previous menu.
Does anyone think starting a return, which is the only option showing and discussed in the FAQ is the same thing as cancelling? I do not want to get the thing two days later and have two of them if I buy from Amazon.

I think Tesla pays for return shipping. Hard to find that out.

Same here. I have a delivery scheduled for 5/9. I sent them a text for them to confirm that the delivery is on track.
I got a call that my delivery date is tomorrow and to digitally sign my documents. I cannot do that until I pay and I am paying my balance due by bank check so that will have to wait until tomorrow.

I also got another text confirming my delivery is tomorrow.

Reactions: groenqueen
Thank you @PapaGeo, @rjackey ,@CyberCruiser for your suggestions and links,

Am still contemplating, especially after I got an estimate from a Pro shop near me for 1799$ for the full front Xpel. This is kind of just twice than the DIY kit (799$), but this will be a pro job in a fully climate and moisture-controlled facility.

I may even ask him to do the rear bumper and hood as well and take up doors and the rear fenders - they are basically flat surfaces. Am thinking... thinking..aaahhhh.... :D

Last edited:
Reactions: CyberCruiser
I ordered this instead. Works for Non-Tesla as well.

In order to use that with a Tesla, you have to use a J1772-to-Tesla adapter (included with the vehicle) which makes the handle stick out farther which increases the chance of damage and adds a potential failure point. Also, an extra step is required if you want to keep the adapter in the car in case you need to charge from a J1772 connector away from home (unless you buy an additional adapter). Also, there's no button on the J1772 Wall Connector to open the charging port like there is on the Wall Connector and Mobile Connector, so you need to open it using one of the other methods. In short, the J1772 Wall Connector is less convenient to use for a Tesla. These things may not be important to you, but just wanted to point out the differences.