Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Park Assist doesn't work as described here...

...I'd try rebooting the display by holding both scroll wheels or power cycling as described at the bottom of this page...

If Park Assist doesn't work as described here...

...I'd try rebooting the display by holding both scroll wheels or power cycling as described at the bottom of this page...

Tried it and did not work.

Open service ticket and maybe they call or reach out to help.

Folks who have a trailer hitch, do you need to connect the trailer electrical connection to see "Trailer Mode". Tesla installed Trailer hitch on Saturday. but I don't see this under "Pedals & Steering". Trying to figure out if they forgot to install software updates. Customer service is non-existent.

Folks who have a trailer hitch, do you need to connect the trailer electrical connection to see "Trailer Mode". Tesla installed Trailer hitch on Saturday. but I don't see this under "Pedals & Steering". Trying to figure out if they forgot to install software updates. Customer service is non-existent.
Interesting! My wife is out running around with "her" new Model Y :p so I can't answer your question.
However, I can say that once the hitch is connected to the electrical. The Model automatically switched on/over to Trailer mode. As I didn't even know/ think of the Trailer Mode.

I had to manually switch off the trailer mode after dropping off the Uhaul Trailer.

beewang

• Informative
Reactions: erktrek and imgcs
Took delivery this afternoon! Overall super simple process with trading in my ‘22 Model 3! Checklist was a huge help! No glaring issues other than a small rock chip on the front bumper. Set up a service appointment in a few days, free of charge! Excited to finally have my Model Y!

IMG_5567.jpeg

Took delivery this afternoon! Overall super simple process with trading in my ‘22 Model 3! Checklist was a huge help! No glaring issues other than a small rock chip on the front bumper. Set up a service appointment in a few days, free of charge! Excited to finally have my Model Y!

View attachment 935800
Congratulations! Three more days before I hopefully get mine. It is soooo hard to wait.

I just scheduled my delivery (pick up) for next Monday the 15th. Has anyone had their date moved up? I know the car will probably be delivered to the dealership tomorrow and I know they have to go through a check on the car. Just wondering.
We were able to schedule a day earlier and I think it's kind of typical as they really don't want sold cars hanging around the lot.

Reactions: MDub2113
So, today was the first day I needed to use the mobile connector in both cars. I had my M3SR+ charging overnight (this morning). When I went to leave I moved the connector to the MYLR and went on my merry way.

Got to the train station to a notification that charging stopped. No idea why and waiting for my wife to go out to and unplug and replug it in to see if that fixes it. May also be a message about it on the screen. Probably have her take a screen shot if it does not start charging.

Reading it is possible it could be an overheat issue. I have the manual for the mobile connector and would need to see what lights are flashing etc. to see if that is the issue.

I also have not checked the Nema 14-50 outlet and my guess is the electrician 4 years ago did not put in a commercial outlet. If I see that is the issue, I will have the electrician for the wall connector install a Hubble or something comparable.

Update: Big DUH on me. When I plugged the MY in I did not leave enough of cable in the garage and the garage door pulled the plug out of the socket! LOL!

Last edited:
FYI for anyone interested, Tesla customer service rep finally replied saying that "Trailer Mode" is not enabled by default. It will be enabled as soon as we connect the electrical connection. I bought the tester to test the theory.

When you connect a trailer’s electrical connection while the vehicle is in Park, Model Y automatically enables Trailer Mode. Disconnecting the trailer’s electrical connection does not automatically disable Trailer Mode. Trailer Mode can be manually enabled or disabled from your touchscreen by selecting ‘Controls’ > ‘Pedals & Steering’ > ‘Trailer Mode.’ Trailer Mode must always be enabled when towing a trailer.