Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a Tesla txt to pay in the app to avoid delays. I already have linked Plaid to bank account, but have not hit "PAY". Can I do that at delivery? Do I need to text them back saying that that is my plan? Pickup is on Thursday.
You can absolutely wait until delivery - that's what I did. I hit the pay button once I was inside of the delivery center and one of the employees prompted me to.

I'm thinking of changing my order to MYP from MYLR. Do you know if this will push out my delivery date?

Also, anyone in the Bend, OR area who would be willing to let me test drive their MYP (preferably 2023) as the local Tesla dealership does not offer those to test drive. Lots of winter snow and poor roads in the area so want to actually feel the ride first. (Yes, I would get the Tesla Gemini Winter Wheel/Tire Package come Fall).

Current order:
MYLR 5 seat white/white Hitch 19" Gemini
OD: 4/27
EDD: April - June

No updates since OD.

Thanks for any help!

I'm thinking of changing my order to MYP from MYLR. Do you know if this will push out my delivery date?

Also, anyone in the Bend, OR area who would be willing to let me test drive their MYP (preferably 2023) as the local Tesla dealership does not offer those to test drive. Lots of winter snow and poor roads in the area so want to actually feel the ride first. (Yes, I would get the Tesla Gemini Winter Wheel/Tire Package come Fall).

Current order:

No updates since OD.

Thanks for any help!
I thought about getting an MYP, but decided against it..
If I am not mistaken...
1) The MYP sits a bit lower with the Sports Suspension. I just DON'T like the idea of lil clearance between the tires and fenderwell when a slightly lose snow chain "whacks" at the wheel-well.
2) Also not sure... thought the breakes for the MYP are larger. Will the 19 inch wheels fit over them??
3) Its an SUV/SAV.. how much "Performance" will you really do? And if you really want performance (and I DO!) Model 3 P or MS-Plaid is the way to go.

I dont think your delivery time will change (much. if any).

Cheers,

beewang

Today was roof rack and hubcap day. Roof rack only seems daunting but there is room for error and is really not a big deal. Don't get too caught up if the tape gets a crinkle or two.. Also turns out the tape goes on the frame NOT the glass.. The only scary bit was clamping things down - you don't need to crank it - there were some unnerving but slight crackling sounds as I tightened things but assume it was the plastic settling into place. Inspected from inside the car and everything looked fine.

The Hubcaps were even easier once you know the trick which isn't mentioned as clearly (or I glossed over it) in some of the more popular videos.. when you grab a "spoke" of the hubcap with your fingers feel for the clips on both sides behind it - pressing them inwards and pulling gently allows that spoke to pop out - rinse and repeat for the rest. One video recommended every other but I just did them sequentially.

Anyway like @beewang said they look great - mine did not come with tape but had some foam padding already around the edges. The one possible gotcha is my wife hasn't seen this yet and I suspect she might feel it's too over the top. She already feels the car is a little ostentatious but she's coming around.

If the hubcaps are suspect then those would definitely be a no go in our household - look cool tho. I bought the cover so I don't have to keep using those 3rd party pry gizmos and as previously mentioned am somewhat lazy.

Reactions: beewang
I thought about getting an MYP, but decided against it..
Even though I appreciate how much of a value the MYP is in terms of performance and the cost difference is insignificant to me, I'm very glad I chose the MYLR. Thankfully, most of the roads I travel on are smooth and in good condition. If I lived in an area that didn't have good roads, even the MYLR would be way too stiff and "thumpy". I can't imagine living with a MYP as daily driver after the novelty of the improved performance wore off - not to mention the much more expensive tires that wear out much more quickly even when not taking advantage of the MYP's extra performance.

Current order:

No updates since OD.

Thanks for any help!
I will be the contrarian.
I ordered the long range "First" and after months and when time seemed to be running out on the original tax break date, Switched my order to a Performance.

Had a vin in 2 days. and delivery shortly after. Not the only one here who Got a quicker delivery by switching o the Performance model. The car does ride on the stiff side we bought extra cushions for my wife because she says the seats are to firm.. Plan on getting some 18 or 19 inch wheels Reports are Martian 18's will fit the P model. Not sure I buy the brakes are identical. The front calipers on My P have Brembo on them and Tesla Maybe the LR gets Brembos up front as well?

That said, I like having a warranty with the better performance. If you want close to the same acceleration you have to hope the Non P model was equipped with a 3D1 or 4 D1 rear motor otherwise it can not be Ghosted and if you do buy the Hop up tune and a drivetrain problem happens have to wonder if the warranty may be declined.

I would be regretting buying the Non Performance model Now had I left the order alone. The acceleration of the P and it's ability to corner like it is on rails is Addicting.

Reactions: zroger73
.. Plan on getting some 18 or 19 inch wheels Reports are Martian 18's will fit the P model. Not sure I buy the brakes are identical. The front calipers on My P have Brembo on them and Tesla Maybe the LR gets Brembos up front as well?...

1) This guy says you can get these 19 inch wheels for $1,000 (set of 4) (fast fwd to 5:50)

2) You are probably correct that the front Brakes for MYP is bigger. MYLR does NOT have Brembos

cheers,

beewang

• Informative
Reactions: erktrek
That said, I like having a warranty with the better performance. If you want close to the same acceleration you have to hope the Non P model was equipped with a 3D1 or 4 D1 rear motor otherwise it can not be Ghosted and if you do buy the Hop up tune and a drivetrain problem happens have to wonder if the warranty may be declined.

Thanks for the keywords and I had to google it. I love the fact Ghosting is an option. LOL!

I will be the contrarian.
I ordered the long range "First" and after months and when time seemed to be running out on the original tax break date, Switched my order to a Performance.

Had a vin in 2 days. and delivery shortly after. Not the only one here who Got a quicker delivery by switching o the Performance model. The car does ride on the stiff side we bought extra cushions for my wife because she says the seats are to firm.. Plan on getting some 18 or 19 inch wheels Reports are Martian 18's will fit the P model. Not sure I buy the brakes are identical. The front calipers on My P have Brembo on them and Tesla Maybe the LR gets Brembos up front as well?

I would be regretting buying the Non Performance model Now had I left the order alone. The acceleration of the P and it's ability to corner like it is on rails is Addicting.
Appreciate the response. Is your MYP a 2023 with the updated suspension? I think I really need to test drive one to contrast with the MHLR that I can test drive.

I figure that if I get the P and buy the Gemini winter wheel/tire package I may just leave those wheels on if I like the ride a lot better. I can then just swap between winter and summer or tires or, more likely, put some Michelin All Season CrossClimate2 tires on it and use those all year.

How do you like the 21 inch wheels? And what to do about road rash from hitting them against the curbs?

So have to report back! I think the new hub caps are acceptable... We were going out for a quick bite tonight and my wife who was driving accidentally curbed the car taking a left turn... :eek:.. fortunately the new hubcaps which cover the rim took the brunt. Definitely scuffed and she was a little freaked out but I explained that was one of the reasons I put those hubcaps on so.... win! This car is a little longer and and maybe wider than our other cars so completely understandable that we both haven't quite acclimated yet.

Well...it had to happen... Taking my kids to the monthly K1 gokart racing league. Got a Lexus came hard after me at an intersection and pulled up and spat on me (my car). I'll pull the video and will be submitting to YouTubes Wham bam Tesla cam.

Dropped the kids off at their race league and stopped by the car wash.

Picture just for the hellofit. (After the car wash)

beewang

Attachments

• PXL_20230510_010359864.jpg
    PXL_20230510_010359864.jpg
    567.1 KB · Views: 90
Well...it had to happen... Taking my kids to the monthly K1 gokart racing league. Got a Lexus came hard after me at an intersection and pulled up and spat on me (my car). I'll pull the video and will be submitting to YouTubes Wham bam Tesla cam.

Dropped the kids off at their race league and stopped by the car wash.

Picture just for the hellofit. (After the car wash)

beewang
That is sad - some people in this world.... Maybe it was a bitter Toyota Executive? 🤣

For anyone with Tow Hitch, it looks like the Ungodly Design Magnetic Hitch Cover will be back in stock soon. It lets you place an order again.
Can someone point me to the post that lists the rubber plug size to fill the hole?