Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone with Tow Hitch, it looks like the Ungodly Design Magnetic Hitch Cover will be back in stock soon. It lets you place an order again.
I pre-ordered on the 3rd, website said shipping "week of the 8th", got my shipment notification today (9th).

Reactions: erktrek and jebinc
Does Tesla take Money order also ir do they take only cashiers check?

Payment and Fees​

What are the accepted methods of payment?
Your balance must be paid in full before you will be able to drive off with your new Tesla vehicle. Confirm your method of payment with your Tesla representative prior to your Delivery Day.

Final payment is currently accepted via:

• Electronic check (direct debit) in the Tesla app
  • Wire transfer
  • Bank-certified check (your reference number and name must be in the memo line)
Note: Credit cards are only accepted for the initial order fee.

Can final payment be made from more than one account?
Final payment can be made from only one account.

• Informative
Reactions: Amhappy and erktrek
Appreciate the response. Is your MYP a 2023 with the updated suspension?

Yes built March 6 of 23
I think I really need to test drive one to contrast with the MHLR that I can test drive.

I figure that if I get the P and buy the Gemini winter wheel/tire package I may just leave those wheels on if I like the ride a lot better. I can then just swap between winter and summer or tires or, more likely, put some Michelin All Season CrossClimate2 tires on it and use those all year.

How do you like the 21 inch wheels? And what to do about road rash from hitting them against the curbs?
If we lived on dirt roads I would have switched wheels tires already for sure.
My car came with the All season Michelins and they stick like glue. I did curb one wheel going through a drive through. Planning to buy studded snows and 18 or 19 inch wheels. So far the 21's are doing OK but am sure 18 or 19s or 20's with taller aspect ratios tires are better riding for sure and much better for pot hole roads.
One thing is for sure With some people it only takes one test drive using full power to make the decision of which model Y to buy easy. Agree if there is someone in your area to test drive a MYP do it. I am an HP junkie Knew it was the right car for me the first time I floored it.

Reactions: carcrazyguy
I will be the contrarian.
I ordered the long range "First" and after months and when time seemed to be running out on the original tax break date, Switched my order to a Performance.

Had a vin in 2 days. and delivery shortly after. Not the only one here who Got a quicker delivery by switching o the Performance model. The car does ride on the stiff side we bought extra cushions for my wife because she says the seats are to firm.. Plan on getting some 18 or 19 inch wheels Reports are Martian 18's will fit the P model. Not sure I buy the brakes are identical. The front calipers on My P have Brembo on them and Tesla Maybe the LR gets Brembos up front as well?

That said, I like having a warranty with the better performance. If you want close to the same acceleration you have to hope the Non P model was equipped with a 3D1 or 4 D1 rear motor otherwise it can not be Ghosted and if you do buy the Hop up tune and a drivetrain problem happens have to wonder if the warranty may be declined.

I would be regretting buying the Non Performance model Now had I left the order alone. The acceleration of the P and it's ability to corner like it is on rails is Addicting.
After an absurd amount of research (I'm sure many can relate), I switched my above order to Performance this morning while keeping all other options the same. Unfortunately, my EDD went from April- June to June-July. Uggh.

Am I penalized for changing my order -- do I get put at the "back of the line"? Do you think my order now will take longer than my original MYLR?

Regardless, I feel very good about my decision to change -- and didn't do it to get earlier delivery.

I pre-ordered on the 3rd, website said shipping "week of the 8th", got my shipment notification today (9th).
Same here.

I also just got the Tesmanian all-weather floor mats today and they are a perfect fit! I like how there's virtually no gap between the door sill and the mat for dirt, salt, etc. to slip through.

I'm still able to put the KropBom under-seat storage bins under the rear of the front seats with no conflict with the mats. There's still a gap for air to flow between the bin and the mats.

These storage bins did not do so well under the front of the front seats though. The mats add too much height for the KropBom bins to work, plus even before the mats were there the bins were a bit too narrow to stay tightly under the front of the front seats. Again, perfect fit under the rear of the front seats in either case.

My second quote is around $2K. Total would be around $2.5K (including permit and charger). I still think it is a little expensive. I just realized the PSEG rebate is not a refund but a bill credit. Did any NJ folks receive better quotes?
Update. Installed Tesla wall connector. It took just 1 hour for 3 guys to pull the wire from the basement and install the charger. Total cost is around $2300 (including charger). NJ is expensive.

Well...it had to happen... Taking my kids to the monthly K1 gokart racing league. Got a Lexus came hard after me at an intersection and pulled up and spat on me (my car). I'll pull the video and will be submitting to YouTubes Wham bam Tesla cam.

Dropped the kids off at their race league and stopped by the car wash.

Picture just for the hellofit. (After the car wash)

beewang
Followup on the incident fast forward to 40 secs on the left repeater camera you can see the guy pulls and spat at my car.

Have no idea why he did that.. My only guess is that he got upset and me passing him on the right lane... Again still don't see you the reason why he should be upset

Front

back

Last edited:
Reactions: erktrek and rjackey
Followup on the incident fast forward to 40 secs on the left repeater camera you can see the guy pulls and spat at my car.

Have no idea why he did that.. My only guess is that he got upset and me passing him on the right lane... Again still don't see you the reason why he should be upset

Front

back
That is bold on his part to spit across the passenger seat. I bet he got some in his own car. What an idiot!

After an absurd amount of research (I'm sure many can relate), I switched my above order to Performance this morning while keeping all other options the same. Unfortunately, my EDD went from April- June to June-July. Uggh.

Am I penalized for changing my order -- do I get put at the "back of the line"? Do you think my order now will take longer than my original MYLR?

Regardless, I feel very good about my decision to change -- and didn't do it to get earlier delivery.
Within hours of changing my order from MYLR to MYP this morning my new delivery date was changed from June-July to May 25 - June 22. Woohoo!

But somewhat concerning is that I'll be traveling out of town June 6-15 and can't change those plans. I texted this to Tesla and they said this could be problem as they can't hold the car very long if it is delivered during that timeframe. Any suggestions? Do you think they'll work to accommodate my schedule?

Reactions: Skunis
Anyone tried applying ceramic coating to the car yourself, Avalon king Armor shield or Gyeon MOHS which one is better ?
I used Avalon King on my model S. I plan to do the same to my Model Y. They are an awesome company. If you want something that would last longer, i would say go for a graphene coating. Avalon King is super easy to apply. They make it very simple

Reactions: Amhappy
Slight off-topic, but does anyone have experience with or has shopped around for Carbon fiber exterior accessories for the MY? I'm particularly looking at the matte CF mirror and camera covers. There are a ton of choices ranging from $90 on AliExpress to $200 so wanted to see if anyone here had done some research..I'm planning to add CF accents to the Red exterior so will eventually have CF rear view mirrors, camera covers, and the spoiler. The two below are what I've currently shortlisted...

You can check out this video that has shows the carbon fiber mirror covers, the carbon fiber side camera cover trim as well as the installation, and they match the spoiler well.

Any chance this is true? Confirmations?

Credibility is extremely low right now, but at some point HW4 will be coming to the Model Y. If HW4 was truly that important to a buyer, they shouldn't have ordered a vehicle when HW3 was still current. Automobiles, like nearly every other product, will continue to improve over time - you'll always be waiting for the "latest and greatest" version. If you wait for HW4, then HW5 will come out in a few years making HW4 obsolete. Some people buy a new smartphone every year so they'll have the latest model. I don't understand people getting angry or disappointed if HW4 comes out right after they took delivery - it has to start somewhere. What do they expect Tesla to do? :)

Credibility is extremely low right now, but at some point HW4 will be coming to the Model Y. If HW4 was truly that important to a buyer, they shouldn't have ordered a vehicle when HW3 was still current. Automobiles, like nearly every other product, will continue to improve over time - you'll always be waiting for the "latest and greatest" version. If you wait for HW4, then HW5 will come out in a few years making HW4 obsolete. Some people buy a new smartphone every year so they'll have the latest model. I don't understand people getting angry or disappointed if HW4 comes out right after they took delivery - it has to start somewhere. What do they expect Tesla to do? :)
💯 - we ordered our MYLR now because the price and timing was right NOT for the promise of FSD etc. We still have 2 aging ICE vehicles that at least one will need to be replaced in a year or so. Looking forward to seeing what Tesla will be offering at that point but no buyer's remorse - the current car is amazing.

Well...it had to happen... Taking my kids to the monthly K1 gokart racing league. Got a Lexus came hard after me at an intersection and pulled up and spat on me (my car). I'll pull the video and will be submitting to YouTubes Wham bam Tesla cam.

Dropped the kids off at their race league and stopped by the car wash.

Picture just for the hellofit. (After the car wash)

beewang
Sorry that happened to you. In my case it was in the first couple days and a crazy chick in a lifted Ford flipping me off screaming obscenities' at me.

Pure RAGE.

Some people are just nuts. Don't Let it get you down
Within hours of changing my order from MYLR to MYP this morning my new delivery date was changed from June-July to May 25 - June 22. Woohoo!

But somewhat concerning is that I'll be traveling out of town June 6-15 and can't change those plans. I texted this to Tesla and they said this could be problem as they can't hold the car very long if it is delivered during that timeframe. Any suggestions? Do you think they'll work to accommodate my schedule?
That is somewhat similar to how my delivery went. my Long Range was ordered on January 18th
I changed the order to Performance March 9th, Later the same day the Vin was issued. EDD switched to March 17-24th.
Car was picked up on March 17th but could have taken delivery a couple days earlier. Got an offer for early pick up.

I would push and "Hope" for delivery before you leave on the trip.

Unless something has changed your Performance model will come out of Fremont plant and you will get the Matrix headlights and package tray cover. My car also got the rear wheel PPF, front wheel mud flaps, as well as the Michelins.

Congrats on the Updated EDD

If it goes like mine in a couple more days you will have your VIN and then it should be a bit over a week until it shows at your local Service Center- assuming a truck trailer delivery.

I should add I ordered the base Pearl White exterior and black interior.
They must have been running White at the paint line when I switched my order or had a few Poverty edition Performance Ys at the factory lot awaiting an order assignment to VIN.

No idea if it is sent by train and then put on a trailer. Here's Hoping for a VIN and a soon delivery day

Last edited: