Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry that happened to you. In my case it was in the first couple days and a crazy chick in a lifted Ford flipping me off screaming obscenities at me. Pure RAGE. Some people are just nuts.
It's odd what triggers people. I've been verbally assaulted on more than one occasion while driving my Miata by drivers in lifted/squatting brodozers when I honked or passed them because they didn't appear to see me. It seems as though they assume (incorrectly) that any male driving a Miata is a gay hairdresser which must be some sort of a threat to their insecurities. 🤣

Last weekend, I was yelled at by an elderly man riding a bicycle at a local trail the other day when I passed him on my electric scooter. I can only assume he expected me to stay behind him at 5 MPH as he pedaled breathlessly. 🤷‍♂️

Sorry that happened to you. In my case it was in the first couple days and a crazy chick in a lifted Ford flipping me off screaming obscenities' at me.

Pure RAGE.

Some people are just nuts. Don't Let it get you down

That is somewhat similar to how my delivery went. my Long Range was ordered on January 18th
I changed the order to Performance March 9th, Later the same day the Vin was issued. EDD switched to March 17-24th.
Car was picked up on March 17th but could have taken delivery a couple days earlier. Got an offer for early pick up.

I would push and "Hope" for delivery before you leave on the trip.

Unless something has changed your Performance model will come out of Fremont plant and you will get the Matrix headlights and package tray cover. My car also got the rear wheel PPF, front wheel mud flaps, as well as the Michelins.

Congrats on the Updated EDD

If it goes like mine in a couple more days you will have your VIN and then it should be a bit over a week until it shows at your local Service Center- assuming a truck trailer delivery.

I should add I ordered the base Pearl White exterior and black interior.
They must have been running White at the paint line when I switched my order or had a few Poverty edition Performance Ys at the factory lot awaiting an order assignment to VIN.

No idea if it is sent by train and then put on a trailer. Here's Hoping for a VIN and a soon delivery day
Thanks so much. Very helpful. Do you have a photo of the package tray cover? Not sure what that is.

Delivered today and just in time for a weekend road trip. Mostly a smooth pickup process in Owings Mills, Maryland. Tons of cars on the lot but not a lot of people and the SAs were available with questions. One reported they are doing ~30 pickups a day and 60 on the weekends. Three blemishes that will get fixed next week (a scratch, a chip, and the rear wheel well is scuffed). One hiccup was that the mobile app checkout was so smooth I drove off after the key sync and forgot to sign physical paperwork in the store and get my valet keys. I had to return a few hours later to officially own the car 🤣

I’m
Delivered today and just in time for a weekend road trip. Mostly a smooth pickup process in Owings Mills, Maryland. Tons of cars on the lot but not a lot of people and the SAs were available with questions. One reported they are doing ~30 pickups a day and 60 on the weekends. Three blemishes that will get fixed next week (a scratch, a chip, and the rear wheel well is scuffed). One hiccup was that the mobile app checkout was so smooth I drove off after the key sync and forgot to sign physical paperwork in the store and get my valet keys. I had to return a few hours later to officially own the car 🤣
The only thing that would beat that is if they didn’t take the check, either! 🤣

Last edited:
My turn is finally coming up. Pick up is today at 3pm. 😀
Pick up went very smoothly. There were two other parties picking up their MYPs. Ours was almost flawless, at least to us. A tiny scratch in the passenger door:

IMG_3487.jpeg

and another small mark on the passenger window glass (this worries me more):

IMG_3488.jpeg

We accepted delivery and scheduled service in about a month. So far, I only drove back home and then did a short errand, but I really really loved driving it!

IMG_3489.jpeg

Now I really need to study the manual! Things are not as intuitive as I thought.

Pick up went very smoothly. There were two other parties picking up their MYPs. Ours was almost flawless, at least to us. A tiny scratch in the passenger door:

View attachment 936888

View attachment 936889

We accepted delivery and scheduled service in about a month. So far, I only drove back home and then did a short errand, but I really really loved driving it!

View attachment 936891

Now I really need to study the manual! Things are not as intuitive as I thought.

Found this helpful..

So I now see on the inventory website that my same spec care is available in Vancouver, WA. This is about 150 miles from Bend, OR where I live. Looks like I can go on website and buy it outright but the quote is for $250 more since the price went up after my original order date of 4/27. Is there a way for me to get my locked in price for $250 less? And I know I'd likely have to pay the $500 transportation fee to get to Bend if I don't want to have someone drive me to Vancouver, right? I really don't want to spend $750 more than what I have locked in to get my original order delivered to Bend. On the other hand, would love to get the car ASAP as I may be traveling away from town when the original order gets delivered May 25-June 23. Any recommendations? Thanks!

If you'll be away for a few days to a week, I'm sure the store can hold it for you. If you'll be gone longer, you can ask the SA to place a hold on your order now (1 week max now I think). If you still need more time, you can probably have the store hold your car for another week. That can buy you around 2 weeks. If you're going to be away for longer than 2-3 weeks, you may need to cancel and reorder as I doubt they'll let you drag out any longer.

I don't like the idea of purchasing inventory as I have no way of knowing if they were rejected by another buyer.

Reactions: Skunis and erktrek
If you'll be away for a few days to a week, I'm sure the store can hold it for you. If you'll be gone longer, you can ask the SA to place a hold on your order now (1 week max now I think). If you still need more time, you can probably have the store hold your car for another week. That can buy you around 2 weeks. If you're going to be away for longer than 2-3 weeks, you may need to cancel and reorder as I doubt they'll let you drag out any longer.

I don't like the idea of purchasing inventory as I have no way of knowing if they were rejected by another buyer.
Great advice. Thanks.

Well...it had to happen... Taking my kids to the monthly K1 gokart racing league. Got a Lexus came hard after me at an intersection and pulled up and spat on me (my car). I'll pull the video and will be submitting to YouTubes Wham bam Tesla cam.

Dropped the kids off at their race league and stopped by the car wash.

Picture just for the hellofit. (After the car wash)

beewang
Maybe it was this guy? :)

2u00oyra5jx51.jpg

So I now see on the inventory website that my same spec care is available in Vancouver, WA. This is about 150 miles from Bend, OR where I live. Looks like I can go on website and buy it outright but the quote is for $250 more since the price went up after my original order date of 4/27. Is there a way for me to get my locked in price for $250 less? And I know I'd likely have to pay the $500 transportation fee to get to Bend if I don't want to have someone drive me to Vancouver, right? I really don't want to spend $750 more than what I have locked in to get my original order delivered to Bend. On the other hand, would love to get the car ASAP as I may be traveling away from town when the original order gets delivered May 25-June 23. Any recommendations? Thanks!
The car may have been long scooped up, while you deliberate.

Last edited:

View attachment 936888

View attachment 936889

View attachment 936891

Glad to hear it went so smoothly. I hope they can figure out the window scratch. Not sure how besides replacing the glass.

Car looks great!