Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious what the Austin builds are getting different than the Fremont for the parcel shelf.
Yeah me too - probably all of them. Only 2 folding points vs 3 or 4...

PXL_20230512_182946809.jpg

Reactions: beewang
How do you know that it’s inventory car vs “fresh” car (vin?) .. Thx
So I went ahead and had the VIN assigned to me and plan to pick it up in Vancouver, WA on Tuesday. SA on phone assured me that he checked and VIN had never been assigned to someone previously so I think this is a "freshy". Kind of surprised though that this car would just show up at dealership unclaimed with all the demand lately. Maybe each dealer gets allotted cars of certain build type that gets shipped regardless if someone actually ordered it from them? Anyway, sure hope I can accept because I booked a one-way flight there from Bend, OR (need to be in Portland for work that day anyway so worked out well). Super excited!

So I went ahead and had the VIN assigned to me and plan to pick it up in Vancouver, WA on Tuesday. SA on phone assured me that he checked and VIN had never been assigned to someone previously so I think this is a "freshy". Kind of surprised though that this car would just show up at dealership unclaimed with all the demand lately. Maybe each dealer gets allotted cars of certain build type that gets shipped regardless if someone actually ordered it from them? Anyway, sure hope I can accept because I booked a one-way flight there from Bend, OR (need to be in Portland for work that day anyway so worked out well). Super excited!
awesome - very happy for you. Will work out well and enjoy this wonderful car.

I forgot to buy a portable SSD drive. I know the car comes with a flash drive but I have read that flash drives are not optimal for continuous read/writes so I bought a portable SSD for my M3. Going to do the same for the MY.
I bought myself a 1Tb ssd drive. Do you have to do any formatting before connecting it to the y? Did you partition it to have sentry and music?

Reactions: erktrek
I took delivery of the tow hitch cover but I think @beewang was right, it's unnecessary. It fits but is a hair smaller so the gaps around are a bit more noticeable also it's in black where the original cover is the car color in my case MSM. Lastly they need some sort of plug for the hole otherwise foresee water leaking down into the hitch and possible the undercarriage. It works as advertised however.. so no fault of the producer/seller.

I will likely not be using it at this point unless something happens to the original. The weird 3rd party pry gizmos work fine.

• Funny
Reactions: beewang and imgcs
I took delivery of the tow hitch cover but I think @beewang was right, it's unnecessary. It fits but is a hair smaller so the gaps around are a bit more noticeable also it's in black where the original cover is the car color in my case MSM. Lastly they need some sort of plug for the hole otherwise foresee water leaking down into the hitch and possible the undercarriage. It works as advertised however.. so no fault of the producer/seller.

I will likely not be using it at this point unless something happens to the original. The weird 3rd party pry gizmos work fine.
The hole diameter is about 23mm. An industry-standard 22mm device such as an indicator light fits perfectly if you wanted to add a redundant white reverse light or red tail/stop light. You could also install a black plastic or rubber hole plug. You could also drill a hole through a hole plug and attach a small, circular motorcycle license plate-style reflector.

l_ecx2051127l.jpg

61VAbYlrrQL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
31leSdv-eEL._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_PIStarRatingFIVE%2CBottomLeft%2C360%2C-6_SR600%2C315_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255%2C255%2C255.jpg
shopping

Reactions: erktrek and imgcs
The hole diameter is about 23mm. An industry-standard 22mm device such as an indicator light fits perfectly if you wanted to add a redundant white reverse light or red tail/stop light. You could also install a black plastic or rubber hole plug. You could also drill a hole through a hole plug and attach a small, circular motorcycle license plate-style reflector.

l_ecx2051127l.jpg

61VAbYlrrQL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
31leSdv-eEL._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_PIStarRatingFIVE%2CBottomLeft%2C360%2C-6_SR600%2C315_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255%2C255%2C255.jpg
shopping
Links to these and the plug?

So, I got those Kavanic wheel covers. I figured I'd get them all ready and put foam tape on. Overnight all the foam came away from the tape.

I have reached out to them through Amazon. See what they will do. May have to return.

I found this tape on Amazon. If seller cannot help and decide to keep may buy this.

I returned Kavanic and bought different Uberturbine covers. Day and night difference between Gemini and new covers.