Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read in Reddit that some people got it after doing a factory reset. But i am afraid that doing this will erase all my settings, so I have been holding off. After all people say that it does not work very well.
I'll bet the next upgrade will force it to change so I might hold off if the easy "soft" reset/reboot thing that @Diamond_Dogs23 mentioned doesn't work (Note: it will NOT erase your settings!). You won't have to wait long it seems according to notateslapp.com, 2023.12.5.3 and 2023.12.9 are out there somewhere.

I suspect the more we drive these vehicles the better they become in terms of situational awareness.

Last edited:
I'll bet the next upgrade will force it to change so I might hold off if the easy "soft" reset/reboot thing that @Diamond_Dogs23 mentioned doesn't work (Note: it will NOT erase your settings!). You won't have to wait long it seems according to notateslapp.com, 2023.12.5.3 and 2023.12.9 are out there somewhere.

I suspect the more we drive these vehicles the better they become in terms of situational awareness.
I did the soft reset, but did not help. I’ll wait for the next update.

Reactions: Skunis and erktrek
First Costco run … I am glad that we decided to get the MY instead of the M3 ;) IMG_3497.jpeg

Wow! This morning I woke up to the same message about delivery I have seen for two weeks (may 24 - June 21 delivery) and just right after I repled above I got a flurry of emails, texts and updates. It went to May 21st - May 28th, I filled in some additional information (insurance) and then I got the schedule your delivery. Right now I am to pick it up (since I have a trade-in) on Tuesday May 24th at 1:30 PM. It is immediately going to get ppf, ceramic coating and tinting. I can't wait.

I took delivery of the tow hitch cover but I think @beewang was right, it's unnecessary. It fits but is a hair smaller so the gaps around are a bit more noticeable also it's in black where the original cover is the car color in my case MSM. Lastly they need some sort of plug for the hole otherwise foresee water leaking down into the hitch and possible the undercarriage. It works as advertised however.. so no fault of the producer/seller.

I will likely not be using it at this point unless something happens to the original. The weird 3rd party pry gizmos work fine.
Haha @erktrek Leave me out of it 😘🙃 dude!!

@zroger73 I think I am gonna skip all that and go with this!

1684182973609.png

Cheers!

beewang

The Tesmanian cargo/trunk tray/liner/mat arrived today. It fits perfectly and seems to be "OE" quality. It was folded up into quarters for shipping, so there's a bit of a hump in the middle that I'm sure will flatten out with time, heat, and weight. Thankfully, there's almost no stinky plastic/rubber odor, either. Unfortunately, for me, the price dropped $10 since I ordered it last week, but that didn't hurt as bad as the Model Y dropping $3,000 just days after I took delivery. :)

View attachment 937363
Speaking of "useless sh!t" we buy for our Model Y, here are my current contributions:
1) Trunk mat, as part of the package with Frunk, trunk under and 3D floor mats inside - Be forwarned! The price is good but these guys are shipping from a "slow boat from China" literally!! It took 7 freaking weeks to arrive and it tested my patience to the MAX!
1684183595592.png

1684183537795.png
1684183633699.png

2) Cup holder Insert (Grey) Looks and fits GREAT!! $3.98

1684183693473.png

3) Storage Box Rear Middle The Jury is still out on this thing.. for $19.45 Not sure if I really need this..

1684183892483.png

4) In general, I am against pouser.. But I do enjoy the Elon's humor and SpaceBalls the movie. I just can't decide which Ludicrous badge looks better on the GreY Ghost.

Your thoughts??

1684184075141.png

Cheers!

beewang

Last edited:
The main reason I bought a trunk mat was for my scooter, but mine is powered by electrons instead of carbohydrates. :) I also had a couple of Onewheels that were an absolute blast. These PEVs were my "gateway drug" to a Tesla.
:)

1684186937393.png

Haha!! I have the same Ninbot Scooter (but I have the white one) bought from Costco. This is my 2nd E-Scooter as I beat my first one to death after 2.5 years. I mainly use it to shuttle me from/to the free charging stations nearby me when I am out and about. Free "gas" is Free MONEY!! :D

beewang

It seems that the Tesla app drains quite a bit my iPhone battery. I guess the solution is to put it to charge while driving. But whenever I do that I forget to pick it up when I leave the car, failing to lock the car. I need to train myself to pick it up before leaving! Where do you keep the phone while driving?

Reactions: erktrek