Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that the Tesla app drains quite a bit my iPhone battery. I guess the solution is to put it to charge while driving. But whenever I do that I forget to pick it up when I leave the car, failing to lock the car. I need to train myself to pick it up before leaving! Where do you keep the phone while driving?
Driving?? I dont do driving ...in the Tesla. I double tab and continue to text and read this board. Thus I will never leave my phone in the car ,😁🍷

It seems that the Tesla app drains quite a bit my iPhone battery. I guess the solution is to put it to charge while driving. But whenever I do that I forget to pick it up when I leave the car, failing to lock the car. I need to train myself to pick it up before leaving! Where do you keep the phone while driving?
Turn off your phone's Bluetooth when you're not using it because it'll always be trying to connect to your Tesla if you're nearby (especially at home).

I don't have issues with battery draining so I just leave my Android phone in the center console since I have an organizer with rubber pads in there.

Reactions: beewang
I haven't seen any battery issues with my iPhone. Except Bluetooth, everything else is disabled including background app refresh. Car recognizes my phone without any issue.

OMG so much this - you are not alone. Have done this almost every time I put the phone in the charging area. I ALSO do this in our other cars leaving the phone on the dash. Clearly the phone is the problem ;).

I have an Android phone and not noticed an excessive battery drain so far and the Tesla app runs constantly. It's usually showing as "connected" in our house but the car is locked.

Last edited:
wow - are you still connected to the tesla via bluetooth the whole time? Our vehicle is in a detached garage so far enough away where it disconnects. Also could be an older phone where the battery is at lower capacity?
It is an older phone (3 yrs old). I just changed "tracking location" only while in use. Let's see if that helps. Our garage is also detached, so I think it should disconnect as well.

Reactions: jebinc
Wow my app usage is nowhere near that! Just 1% over several days. I'm on Android (pixel 7 pro) and use the default "Optimize" battery setting for the Tesla app. This sounds like a good topic for making a different thread (or maybe there is one already)?

I have both the MY and a Solar/Powerwall, and I have an attached garage beneath the house so it's usually showing connected to the MY all the time.

1684251774450.png

1684251745729.png

Wow my app usage is nowhere near that! Just 1% over several days. I'm on Android (pixel 7 pro) and use the default "Optimize" battery setting for the Tesla app. This sounds like a good topic for making a different thread (or maybe there is one already)?

I have both the MY and a Solar/Powerwall, and I have an attached garage beneath the house so it's usually showing connected to the MY all the time.

View attachment 938254
View attachment 938253
After I changed it to share location while using, battery usage it went down to only 3% 😅

Well, it happened. :mad: I curved a wheel. I am still using the Gemini covers from factory. @erktrek, @Skunis are you happy with your covers?View attachment 938526
Ouch! Yes they are working out well...actually ordered another set for backups. Here is are some pics. The last one is our curbing on a right turn (I think I mistakenly posted previously it was a left turn)..

PXL_20230517_130143316.jpg

PXL_20230517_130204627.jpg

Ouch! Yes they are working out well...actually ordered another set for backups. Here is are some pics. The last one is our curbing on a right turn (I think I mistakenly posted previously it was a left turn)..

View attachment 938531
View attachment 938532
I was entering the garage at work and they have this stupid curb next to the barrier. Attendant said hello and I looked up instead of paying attention where I was going .... Grrr I think I'll get the covers now. I wanted to do it before, but husband was not on board. Now he agrees ...

Reactions: erktrek
I was entering the garage at work and they have this stupid curb next to the barrier. Attendant said hello and I looked up instead of paying attention where I was going .... Grrr I think I'll get the covers now. I wanted to do it before, but husband was not on board. Now he agrees ...
I was sure my wife wouldn't go for the look.. but after installing the roof rack decided to put them on anyway figured could always remove. As luck would have it that was the day she curbed the wheel.. a nice demonstration of why these are nice to have in place...

Hmmm just occurred to me, maybe she did it on purpose... 🤔🤣

First post here... been lurking for a few weeks.

Yes another NJ-ite here

OD: 4/4
MYLR 5 seat
Midnight Silver
w/ hitch

ODD: April - June
April 13 - updated to May 26 - June 30
Today in the afternoon - updated with a VIN and DD of May 16- May 23

Texas build
update today May 17th - new EDD May 29 - June 5
VIN did not change

Trying to figure out what happened here, I got the VIN on May 4th

update today May 17th - new EDD May 29 - June 5
VIN did not change

Trying to figure out what happened here, I got the VIN on May 4th
Sometimes, this happens when a vehicle is damaged in transit and has to be repaired before continuing to its destination (hail, fell off transport truck, vandalized, etc.). Such damage will not appear on a vehicle history report and may not have to be disclosed depending on state requirements. It could also be due to unexpected shipping delays (truck/train not available when scheduled due to mechanical breakdown, weather, strike, etc.) in which case the vehicle may be undamaged, but is stuck on a storage lot or rail yard waiting for a ride. Or, it could just be a glitch in the EDD algorithm. You may never know. :)

Sometimes, this happens when a vehicle is damaged in transit and has to be repaired before continuing to its destination (hail, fell off transport truck, vandalized, etc.). Such damage will not appear on a vehicle history report and may not have to be disclosed depending on state requirements. It could also be due to unexpected shipping delays (truck/train not available when scheduled due to mechanical breakdown, weather, strike, etc.) in which case the vehicle may be undamaged, but is stuck on a storage lot or rail yard waiting for a ride. You may never know.
I was hoping they just forgot to ship it lol