Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I haven't been on here for a few days. After I got the car ceramic coated, it got layered with pollen and the instructions say not to get pollen on it. Detailer suggested I just rinse the car off.

Well, hate to admit it, but I did not listen to all the directions on the product after care site. I stupidly rinsed the car off in the hot sun after it had been baking all day long. Water dried on contact and I had water spots all over the car. Detailer had me buy a water spot remover from Gyeon and after shipping delays from Amazon I was able to rinse the car in the shade, pull the car into the garage and get to work. An hour an a half later, Wiping on, wiping off, and then using a wet microfiber towel to clean any residue off, it appears the water spots are hopefully gone.

Car is staying in the garage until next Friday when I bring it back for the detailer to inspect, make sure all is well, and give it its first bath.

Crisis averted but learned my lesson.

Last edited:
The hole diameter is slightly over 23mm. We use these 7/8" (22.2mm) panel plugs at work. I tried one, but it was too small. I suspect this 15/16" (23.8mm) might work, but I'm not willing to buy a package of 50 to find out. ;)

Some alternatives.

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc and zroger73
So, I haven't been on here for a few days. After I got the car ceramic coated, it got layered with pollen and the instructions say not to get pollen on it. Detailer suggested I just rinse the car off.

Well, hate to admit it, but I did not listen to all the directions on the product after care site. I stupidly rinsed the car off in the hot sun after it had been baking all day long. Water dried on contact and I had water spots all over the car. Detailer had me buy a water spot remover from Gyeon and after shipping delays from Amazon I was able to rinse the car in the shade, pull the car into the garage and get to work. An hour an a half later, Wiping on, wiping off, and then using a wet microfiber towel to clean any residue off, it appears the water spots are hopefully gone.

Car is staying in the garage until next Friday when I bring it back for the detailer to inspect, make sure all is well, and give it its first bath.

Crisis averted but learned my lesson.
Wow. You would think the detailer would not do ceramic coating during the High Pollen season in Jersey if it isn't supposed to get on the car. Even in a garage there is pollen that will still get on it this time of year. Hopefully it is all good for you now.

Wow. You would think the detailer would not do ceramic coating during the High Pollen season in Jersey if it isn't supposed to get on the car. Even in a garage there is pollen that will still get on it this time of year. Hopefully it is all good for you now.
Well, pollen season is several months long. No way they are going to stop doing business.

It really is not clear if it is just the pollen dust or it getting wet. Just says no pollen for first 2 weeks.

Water from the house is so hard. There are deionizers that remove the minerals and you get spot free water. You hook up to the spigot but good ones cost several hundred dollars and the resin inside (which does not last forever) is expensive to replace.

Not worth it unless you intend to wash your car from home every week.

Well, pollen season is several months long....

Water from the house is so hard. ...Not worth it unless you intend to wash your car from home every week.
I have the same problem at my home in CA. Water is HARD as lime rocks (but hey!! Great for your body health for Calcium :p)

Don't you guys have car wash like this around you with a monthly fee subscription?? $34.99 a month, I wash my car DAILY and in and out of this place in less than 4 mins!

1684527386098.png

beewang

More useless $h!t found for the Model Y

Saw someone at the gym with this on their Model Y Damn!! It even has a hitch opening... I can't stop thinking about this rear difuser.. I may tip over to the otherside of the fence..

View attachment 939280

beewang
Damn. I actually like it. Accents the spoiler for the Performance edition. It’s teetering on the edge of being too over the top but still looks good

Reactions: beewang
MYLR
Blue
7 Seat White Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 5
ODD: May - June
VIN: None

Now back to refreshing....

Well I just found one almost identical to my build, but with a Tow Hitch. It's just over the border in St. Louis, but when I typed in my Zip, it said it could be registered with no Transport fee... I'm through the moon excited right now, but I hope we're able to figure out how to get this thing up to Chicagoland. I paid the $250 to reserve it on the website because I didn't want it to get snatched. My other concern is the build date is 4/26, delivered on May 5th. It shows 30 miles on it, but on waitingfortesla it doesn't indicate it's a demo. Am I making a mistake?

Well I just found one almost identical to my build, but with a Tow Hitch. It's just over the border in St. Louis, but when I typed in my Zip, it said it could be registered with no Transport fee... I'm through the moon excited right now, but I hope we're able to figure out how to get this thing up to Chicagoland. I paid the $250 to reserve it on the website because I didn't want it to get snatched. My other concern is the build date is 4/26, delivered on May 5th. It shows 30 miles on it, but on waitingfortesla it doesn't indicate it's a demo. Am I making a mistake?
Its not a demo unless it states its a demo.

Reactions: BTBAM82 and erktrek
Nope - not quite that fussy! This last curbing incident seems okay so will likely keep using the existing caps.

Not sure how long this particular style of hubcap will be in stock/available over the next few years so figured it was nice to have on hand just in case. Also now it will allow me to have 2 screwups per side!

Probably should have gone Aliexpress for the second set tho.
Well... it had to happen... :D LOL!!

Ordering my 2nd set as we speak...

the good news is the price is now $119 for a set..

1684599118224.png

Reactions: Chrisyn and erktrek
Hi, those who financed via tesla loan, how do you make payments? details of the loan etc., so far i couldn't find any details anywhere on it. I would like to be prepared add my bank a/c etc., not miss any payments. how do you guys got all the info on it? thanks

Well... it had to happen... :D LOL!!

Ordering my 2nd set as we speak...

the good news is the price is now $119 for a set..

View attachment 939518
Argh!! Well at least now you'll have another spare on hand... sorry to hear! These MYs are very nimble but kind of long which means a so-so turning radius. I suspect thats what happened to my wife who is used to driving a small Mercedes SUV.

I haven't tested myself. .. But these guys tested and says yes, the Gemini is the best for efficiency.

Thank you for posting this! Good to know.. Dylan (from the first video) says the wheel covers are less efficient than the standard Tesla ones but he likes the look so will be keeping them on except for longer trips... Seems like his video is the only one testing that exact style of wheel cover...

EDIT: In the comments Dylan mentions the wheels he tested were universal - left and right caps are same according to the manufacturer!!!... I wonder if this was the reason for his results.

Mine are certainly directional - 1 set for the left side and 1 for the right and clearly marked on the inside with either an L or R. 🤔

Last edited: