Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since Chick-Fil-A employees began taking orders outside several years ago, they've always identified vehicles by color and type only, such as white truck or red convertible. I went through the drive-thru for the first time in the Tesla today and was surprised to see it identified by make as well. :)

View attachment 939628
:) Litzy knows her Tesla. Although it looks like one, technically it is not a sedan.

• Funny
Reactions: zroger73
Mine are not directional. Manufacturer mentioned that Geminis are also not directional so they made similar ones. I didn't see any loss in range.
Wow I did not know that the Geminis are non-directional! Non-Directional covers makes sense from a manufacturing and cost standpoint but it certainly breaks the symmetric look for those of us who get triggered by such things.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen... o_O

• Funny
Reactions: imgcs and zroger73
Checked my wheel covers and my new "spares".. yep directional (the "L" on the interior) AND comes with the tape already applied.

View attachment 939644View attachment 939645
I believe directional wheels should give better efficiency, Am getting Yeslak wheels after going through a lot of videos/reviews. You get a 20% off coupon on their site, with that the price is okay considering the looks and efficiency.

I believe directional wheels should give better efficiency, Am getting Yeslak wheels after going through a lot of videos/reviews. You get a 20% off coupon on their site, with that the price is okay considering the looks and efficiency.

That is my thought too but dunno. Mine are "Kiwen" bought from Amazon and as anticipated now unavailable. Seems like a lot of resellers buying from Aliexpress and selling on Amazon.

We have a road trip later this summer so I might switch back to the Gemini covers.

You can buy from Amazon as well. Apparently these are very difficult to remove.

Last edited:
So, I got those Kavanic wheel covers. I figured I'd get them all ready and put foam tape on. Overnight all the foam came away from the tape.

I have reached out to them through Amazon. See what they will do. May have to return.

I found this tape on Amazon. If seller cannot help and decide to keep may buy this.

The covers came with two rolls of tape a thick one and a thin. not sure where the thick one goes. The thin is useless, no glue. I’m buying the one you in Amazon.

Any thoughts from folks out here with the 7 seat model. I've ordered the 5 seat, but a 7 seat identical looks to be available. Am I giving up anything? Do the second row seats now operate differently? Same leg room in the second row on 5 seat vs 7 seat? From what I've read, you don't really give up anything for the third row.

I installed mine yesterday and love them. They make the car look so much better. I put a blacked out Tesla T logo in the center cap.

Reactions: erktrek
Any thoughts from folks out here with the 7 seat model. I've ordered the 5 seat, but a 7 seat identical looks to be available. Am I giving up anything? Do the second row seats now operate differently? Same leg room in the second row on 5 seat vs 7 seat? From what I've read, you don't really give up anything for the third row.
I would get a 5 seater and save money. I am replacing my 7 seater Q7 with 5 seater MY. We rarely used 7 seats in my previous car. MY 7 seater is really small and very difficult for adults to sit in the back.

Reactions: erktrek and pkmody
Thanks for the info - after looking at several videos seems like I'm not giving up anything, and for 3K - the ability to throw the grandkids in the far back seems to be worth it, although not often. Since you can lay the seats down, and it becomes the 5 seat model, we've decided to pull the trigger and just go for it (This build also came with a tow hitch which I had regretted not adding when I ordered originally). So I replied "YES" to accepting this VIN! Looks to be a Fremont build, and is on the way, expected to be in Jacksonville 5/29 - since I was still "VIN-LESS" , and had an EDD of 6/3 to 6/30, happy we'll be able to get this early June based upon what my advisor told me.

I installed mine yesterday and love them. They make the car look so much better. I put a blacked out Tesla T logo in the center cap.
I have been seeing comments about the wheel covers giving better efficiency. On the surface, that seems ridiculous, but seeing how many times it's been stated, there must be more to it. Other than from the vendor selling the covers, is there any real world proof this is the case? I do understand people switching them out for cosmetic reasons, but just curious about the mileage claims . . .

I have been seeing comments about the wheel covers giving better efficiency. On the surface, that seems ridiculous, but seeing how many times it's been stated, there must be more to it. Other than from the vendor selling the covers, is there any real world proof this is the case? I do understand people switching them out for cosmetic reasons, but just curious about the mileage claims . . .

Thanks. Still looking for more scientific. Having some guy who installed them, gives you a discount code for buying them, as well as "testing it himself on two identical driving experiences" seems like it has the possibility of introducing factors that might affect the accuracy of the comparison. It does seem plausible, but I'm just a doubter - appreciate the link!

I would get a 5 seater and save money. I am replacing my 7 seater Q7 with 5 seater MY. We rarely used 7 seats in my previous car. MY 7 seater is really small and very difficult for adults to sit in the back.
@pkmody So I am going to the other direction and disagree with @imgcs for the following reasons:
-The 2nd row seats now can move up and down. I kindda like that!
-You dont lose much storage space by haveing the 3rd-row seats
-True, the 3rd seats are small but great for kids (and not so much for adults) but it provides the flexibility if you get to use them once every couple months.

For the records I didn't get the 7 seater (but was on the fence) The real reason I didnt go for is probably because Tesla made me waited so long for my 5 seater, I decided to NOT give them the additional $4K profit. I may have a need to use the 3rd row seats once every 2 years. In which case I'll just get a Enterprise Rental car (and $4K buys me ALOT of rental cars).

Congrats!

beewang

Last night I updated to 2023.12.9. But still I don’t have park assist. What gives?
Same here but I had another unintended happening.

I got in the car this morning, first time driving it since the update as I needed to move the car out of the garage for the electrician to install the wall connector.

I put it in reverse and I get the "steering assist is limited" message. Man, if the car is not moving you cannot even move the steering wheel. I tried the soft reset and did not work. Managed to get the car out of the garage and parked in a lot behind my house.

Tried the soft reset again and left the car. Came back about 30 minutes later and the steering issue is gone. Reddit has a thread where roadside assistance suggested a power down and that worked for a few people.

Went back out to car an hour later and all is well.

Other threads out there have some getting steering fully replaced and others have had loose connectors.

Pretty crazy for that to happen after an update.

@pkmody So I am going to the other direction and disagree with @imgcs for the following reasons:
-The 2nd row seats now can move up and down. I kindda like that!
-You dont lose much storage space by haveing the 3rd-row seats
-True, the 3rd seats are small but great for kids (and not so much for adults) but it provides the flexibility if you get to use them once every couple months.

For the records I didn't get the 7 seater (but was on the fence) The real reason I didnt go for is probably because Tesla made me waited so long for my 5 seater, I decided to NOT give them the additional $4K profit. I may have a need to use the 3rd row seats once every 2 years. In which case I'll just get a Enterprise Rental car (and $4K buys me ALOT of rental cars).

Congrats!

beewang
Thanks, I went through the back/forth too, and just figured the 3K diff was worth it for a car I'm planning on keeping until it dies, then buy the latest battery pack upgrade that will give me the 700 mile range the it comes out. 🤣🤣

• Funny
Reactions: CyberCruiser
Thanks. Still looking for more scientific. Having some guy who installed them, gives you a discount code for buying them, as well as "testing it himself on two identical driving experiences" seems like it has the possibility of introducing factors that might affect the accuracy of the comparison. It does seem plausible, but I'm just a doubter - appreciate the link!
So forget the efficiency.. how about just sticking with 1) the looks and 2) the ability to protect the rims when (not if) you curb'em??!!

beewang