Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone order a MYP back as far as January not get their car yet? Having a discussion with some people on the Tesla Model Y Facebook group that said they ordered cars in late January. Got VINS in mid April, got the financing done, started making payments but haven’t got their cars yet? Doesn’t make sense to me but figured this group would be the most likely to have others in the same boat if there was anything going on like that. I definitely would not make payments on a car I never took delivery on.

Attachments

• IMG_3285.png
    IMG_3285.png
    870.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3286.jpeg
    IMG_3286.jpeg
    607.8 KB · Views: 55
Tesla has resumed FSD beta access, so I got it today with the 2023.12.10 update. I let the car drive me to and from the trail for a run this evening. Even though I knew what to expect, I still giggled like a child the whole way since I finally got to experience being driven by a robot myself for the first time.

I intervened a couple of times - once when I didn't think the car was going to stop at a 4-way stop and again when it couldn't decide what lane to be in at an oddly curved and domed intersection where even humans have trouble figuring out what lane to be in. Otherwise, the car accelerated, steered, and stopped while obeying all traffic laws and navigated around obstacles such as vehicles parked on the side of the road, trash cans, and a fallen tree that was partially in the roadway.

Unreal.

You can try a factory reset in the service menu. I didn’t have parking assist and read elsewhere that a user said they got it after doing a factory reset. So I did and after reboot on factory rest I now have it.

Crazy scary! I hope I don't have to go through that one :oops:. I also had to do another soft reset today ... when I jumped in the car Spotify sounded garbled. I tried FM and worked fine. Went back to Spotify, still garbled. Did the reset and all is well now. Still no parking assist, though. I added that to my service request next week.

Crazy scary! I hope I don't have to go through that one :oops:. I also had to do another soft reset today ... when I jumped in the car Spotify sounded garbled. I tried FM and worked fine. Went back to Spotify, still garbled. Did the reset and all is well now. Still no parking assist, though. I added that to my service request next week.
I wonder if this is predominantly a Fremont thing? I haven't🤞 had any software issues like that. Wonder if yours and @Skunis's hw is slightly different.

For the streaming it kinda sounds (bad pun) like bandwidth issues - when resetting it probably reacquires the signal. I have had the sound cut off when it switches from WiFi to mobile but my phone will do that too.

I wonder if this is predominantly a Fremont thing? I haven't🤞 had any software issues like that. Wonder if yours and @Skunis's hw is slightly different.

For the streaming it kinda sounds (bad pun) like bandwidth issues - when resetting it probably reacquires the signal. I have had the sound cut off when it switches from WiFi to mobile but my phone will do that too.
People speculate that it is a Spotify app issue, it has been discussed in reedit so I think it has happened in Austin built too.

Reactions: erktrek
Anyone order a MYP back as far as January not get their car yet? Having a discussion with some people on the Tesla Model Y Facebook group that said they ordered cars in late January. Got VINS in mid April, got the financing done, started making payments but haven’t got their cars yet? Doesn’t make sense to me but figured this group would be the most likely to have others in the same boat if there was anything going on like that. I definitely would not make payments on a car I never took delivery on.

There HAS to be things that he isnt disclosing. Agree that the story doesnt make sense. MYP is a nice margin to Tesla so that car HAS to be prioritized.

I'd like to join the group in FB, can you provide the link?

Cheers!

beewang

Tesla has resumed FSD beta access, so I got it today with the 2023.12.10 update. I let the car drive me to and from the trail for a run this evening. Even though I knew what to expect, I still giggled like a child the whole way since I finally got to experience being driven by a robot myself for the first time.

I intervened a couple of times - once when I didn't think the car was going to stop at a 4-way stop and again when it couldn't decide what lane to be in at an oddly curved and domed intersection where even humans have trouble figuring out what lane to be in. Otherwise, the car accelerated, steered, and stopped while obeying all traffic laws and navigated around obstacles such as vehicles parked on the side of the road, trash cans, and a fallen tree that was partially in the roadway.

Unreal.
You BOUGHT FSD??!! Daymn!!

beewang

1) There is no "FM" Radio in a Tesla, its basically online streaming thus the problem has to be Spotify.

2) Is your Tesla connected to your home wifi? The updates download thru Wifi stream and you should also turn your car setting on the software download to be more advanced.

beewang

There is an FM tuner with HD radio built into the vehicle. You listen by choosing the Radio app and can choose between scanned stations or direct tune.
Doh!!
I am out if town and will need to run to the new car and check. You are probably right and I just assumed the Y is exactly like our old Model 3 (doesn not have a FM Tuner). Also, I listen music via my YouTube Music app thus never bothered to check.

beewang

Reactions: rjackey and erktrek
You BOUGHT FSD??!! Daymn!!

beewang
I bought Acceleration Boost, too. :(

giphy.gif

Doh!!
I am out if town and will need to run to the new car and check. You are probably right and I just assumed the Y is exactly like our old Model 3 (doesn not have a FM Tuner). Also, I listen music via my YouTube Music app thus never bothered to check.

beewang
I just tried it and apparently there's an actual FM tuner in the MY because when I directly tuned to a distant station, it was noisy and when I directly tuned to an unused frequency, it was just static. :)

The only time I listen to FM radio is when the local public radio station's stream is offline. In my area, most FM radio stations are country, religious, classic rock, rap, and top 40 - I mostly like electronic and jazz.

Doh!!

beewang
I am pretty sure my 2019 M3SR+ has an FM Tuner as well. I remember when I first got it and using it. Then I put my music on an SSD and was using that until Tesla started offering the monthly/yearly subscription to premium.

Unreal.
I have it on my M3 but only used it once. It was a little hesitant and was making the wide turns (going left to turn right and going right to turn left). On straight highway it was great and took exits, etc.

I have not had a chance to try it on the last update to FSD.

I also have not gotten 2023.12.10 yet. Waiting for that so can get all the upgrades those without FSD already have.

I bought Acceleration Boost, too. :(

View attachment 940637

I just tried it and apparently there's an actual FM tuner in the MY because when I directly tuned to a distant station, it was noisy and when I directly tuned to an unused frequency, it was just static. :)

The only time I listen to FM radio is when the local public radio station's stream is offline. In my area, most FM radio stations are country, religious, classic rock, rap, and top 40 - I mostly like electronic and jazz.
Tunein App is great for this.. local radio where ever you go.

1) There is no "FM" Radio in a Tesla, its basically online streaming thus the problem has to be Spotify.

2) Is your Tesla connected to your home wifi? The updates download thru Wifi stream and you should also turn your car setting on the software download to be more advanced.

beewang
I caved in and did a factory reset. It was minimally disruptive: erased the mirror position and the scheduling of charging. But, it did the trick and now I have park assist. It still has to calibrate the cameras.