Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

dl_a175 / Cruise Control Not Available after 2022.36.2 Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was talking to tesla today and they said it's a known issue in this firmware, After diagnosing your car. Try opening and closing all doors, trunk and hood.

And it worked!!!! Cruise control has been restored and works perfectly again đź‘Ś

Abit of a wired fix but I'll take it.

Reactions: dimitar.ns
I was talking to tesla today and they said it's a known issue in this firmware, After diagnosing your car. Try opening and closing all doors, trunk and hood.

And it worked!!!! Cruise control has been restored and works perfectly again đź‘Ś

Abit of a wired fix but I'll take it.

So I tried powering off my car, leaving for a while, rebooting, etc, etc.

But this suggestion above? It worked. Somehow. Opening/closing everything somehow worked.

While searching, I did also find this thread: Strange issue with Tesla related to cruise control and car lock

Had the same issue several times with my MX - under both the current (2022.44.25.5) and previous FSD release. Tried opening and closing all the doors but it did not appear to work - it just started working again the next day.

I brought the MX in for service - and since the AP was working at the time, the technician "Was not able to diagnose". When I questioned the SA, they added "Our technician has run Firmware to clear up any malfunctions with it".

Reactions: jiehan
I have noticed sometimes I get I get in the car and it immediately says lane change not available and the cruise won’t work. And the speed limit doesn’t appear. Why is this consistently happening?

This problem just started for me yesterday and it has not fixed it self. I'm trying to get it fixed ASAP because I'm starting in 7 hours a 12 hour road trip and I would hate to not be able to use the Autopilot. I can deal with the rest of the stuff, but the auto pilot helps very much on road trips.

I tried the doors also, but do you have to open them all at once and then close them, or you open and close one at a time???

So I tried powering off my car, leaving for a while, rebooting, etc, etc.

But this suggestion above? It worked. Somehow. Opening/closing everything somehow worked.

While searching, I did also find this thread: Strange issue with Tesla related to cruise control and car lock
So since my post here I've run into this twice more.

The time after the original post I made up above, open/closing the doors did not fix it. It had to sit overnight, sentry off, etc. to go into full deep sleep (12 hours? However long it takes). Then it was fine the next day.

And the latest time... tonight. As I begin a 3 week road trip tomorrow.

So here's hoping the overnight reset works, otherwise I might try the hard reset though I'd really prefer not to deal with all that right before the trip.