Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you keep Creep on or off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I leave it on. I don't want my wife (or me) expecting the car to inch forward when foot is off the accelerator pedal when parking, expecting it to do it like our other ICE cars, and then stepping on the gas (even more so than normal to compensate) and hurling it forward.

as long as others in my household drive ICE vehicles, i figured it would be in my best interest to keep driving dynamics similar between all cars when possible, to avoid muscle confusion (except for the insane acceleration in the S ;) )

I was actually wondering if this is why we see some of those tesla accidents but pure reckless speculation on my part.

On. Actually for general driving purposes I would prefer leaving it off (and had it that way for the first month or two), then the car would behave more like sitting in neutral with a manual transmission car, which I was used to driving all my life.

However creep mode ON makes it much easier to slowly creep precisely into my tight-fitting garage - I need to park the car so the front bumper is practically touching the front wall in order to fit. Rather than switching back and forth every time I've now just gotten used to creep mode on. but as others have said it comes down to personal preference.

I tried it for a day.

It gave me the creeps,
the way the car moves forward all on its own like that!

So I turned it off.

Another dead button on the UI as far as I'm concerned.

Some say, stop-and-go bumper to bumper traffic helps with one-pedal driving ON THE BRAKE.
But does distance following cruise control functionally replace it now..

• Funny
Reactions: JenniferQ
For the first 2 years, I had creep on because it made it easier parking into the garage. I had 2 small bumps to get over and I didn't like having to tap the accelerator, then go immediately to the brake. But then I turned it off for some reason and either they finetuned the accelerator responsiveness, or I found it easier to manage. So now it's off.