Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you prefer Creep On or Off?

Creep On or Off?

• On

Votes: 142 31.1%
  • Off

Votes: 315 68.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I prefer off. I feel comfortable enough slightly pressing accelerator to move small distances, so don't need creep.

Plus like to slow down using regen to lowest speed possible.

I have tested this numerous times on my Model S and Creep On or Off does not affect regen stopping speeds. In both cases min speed is between 4 MPH and 6 MPH.

I like creep mode off especially for stop and go traffic etc. At an actual stop, I use hill hold so I never worry about rolling into someone.

If I need to go super slow in a parking lot I have full control of my foot on the accelerator. This is one thing I love about a Tesla, the ability to go slow.

OFF! Since turning it off, regen is pretty much happening all the way down to 0 mph in many stopping cases instead of having creep kick in to keep me moving at around 7 mph. With a commute that is mostly local roads or highways with lights that has me between 30 and 50 mph, going without creep has seen my efficiency dive down to 195 Wh/mi for each charge of my battery to 70% and discharge to 20% (following Jeff Dahn’s recommendation).
I also love using HOLD to allow me to have my foot on the accelerator to further increase my ability to smoke a BMW or Audi off the line at a light.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I tried creep mode both ways for several weeks before deciding to keep it on. Every day of my commute involves multiple steep upward-sloping hills and I'm not a good enough driver where I couldn't feather to a complete stop without jerking the vehicle, either too early while the vehicle was still moving forward, or too late as the vehicle started rolling backwards...

I'm also the guy you see that repeatably kills a standard on a hill when trying to parallel park.

• Informative
Reactions: Sandiegodoug
On because I've never driven a manual. I have to navigate tight parking spaces daily and I'd much rather let up on the brake to get the car to slowly roll instead of relying on a gently pressing the accelerator. One inadvertent push and it's going into a wall or another car and I just don't need even that small possibility in my life.

Reactions: Viv ki Bijli
Creep off, it was interesting getting use to it. You put in drive or reverse and nothing happens, then a little pedal pressure and away you go.

Very much a manual feel, for the non-manual drivers be aware that you will roll on an incline. Ask me how I know. :)

Reactions: FlyinLow