Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you want Track Mode for P3D Stealth?

Do you want Tesla to bring Track Mode to your P3D Stealth?

• Yes!

Votes: 46 63.9%
  • No.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Yes. I don't own a P3D Stealth but think it should have Track Mode.

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • No. I don't own a P3D Stealth and don't think it should have Track Mode.

Votes: 11 15.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt you'd get any P3D- owner to say no. But I'm not about to write a letter. It's not that huge.
But sure I'd sign a petition asking for it politely and asking he back his prior commitment. I'd never demand it. There might be technical reasons it's just to messy to implement and more important stuff to be working on.

THAT'S a rigged poll if I’ve ever seen one.
Two ways to vote yes, one to vote no.

Either remove the third choice or add a fourth: "No, I don’t own a P3D Stealth and I don’t think it should have track mode."

And, leave the exclamation point off the "Yes".

Reactions: P85_DA
I doubt you'd get any P3D- owner to say no. But I'm not about to write a letter. It's not that huge.
But sure I'd sign a petition asking for it politely and asking he back his prior commitment. I'd never demand it. There might be technical reasons it's just to messy to implement and more important stuff to be working on.
This for me as well.

I don’t see myself ever using it, but I’d rather have it for my car than not. Just in case I ever wanted to use it or for resale later for someone who wants it. So I voted Yes.

Reactions: Tomc62 and Big City
The exact language can be worked out later. The question is whether you'd support any such letter.

lol don't hold your breath. p3d 'stealth' is really just awd with faster acceleration. awd+. there are no performance parts on a 'stealth' version. tesla marketing done goofed.

Agree. They screwed up. Should have been advertised:
- RWD
- AWD
- AWD Performance
- AWD Performance with Track Upgrades

When Track Mode software hit, no one would have batted an eye that it only came for cars with the "Track Upgrades" package.

Reactions: PatP
I believe every Model 3 should have some sort of Sport or Track driving mode. Look where the Model 3 competes; against the BMW 3 series and MB C Class. You don't have to buy an BMW M or MB AMG version to get a decent track capable car, a 330i or CLA will do just fine. Tesla is missing an opportunity in the high-performance enthusiast community by restricting Track Mode to only the highest end variant.

As someone who almost purchased a P3D-, I think it deserves to have a track mode.

You WISHED you got the P3D- as well as I. :)

They were clearly the best treated with 5K knocked off the car price.

I would have been a salty AWD owner if I couldn’t pull a 10K-11K trigger for one second faster but would have done it for 5K-6K.

Ends up being even more in savings for those who want a snow set and those who want the increased range and lower replacement costs.

Actually if there was a frictionless way to exchange my 3P+ to a 3P- I would make that trade.

Save so much money.

• Funny
Reactions: Jedi2155
For a while some of us stealth performance owners felt clever cause we got a faster car then AWD w/o the rims we may not want etc, then we felt maybe like unloved unicorns cause we didn't seem to be on the refund-radar and now we're the object of envy ;)

Tesla could offer the $5-6k AWD upgrade and make a bunch of folks happy *I think* though I wish I could have gotten the 19" rims on my car w/o having to play swaps-y tricks.

If anything ever happens to mine requiring replacement I'll be bumming that I can't replace it same for same..

For a while some of us stealth performance owners felt clever cause we got a faster car then AWD w/o the rims we may not want etc, then we felt maybe like unloved unicorns cause we didn't seem to be on the refund-radar and now we're the object of envy ;)

Tesla could offer the $5-6k AWD upgrade and make a bunch of folks happy *I think* though I wish I could have gotten the 19" rims on my car w/o having to play swaps-y tricks.

If anything ever happens to mine requiring replacement I'll be bumming that I can't replace it same for same..

Oh absolutely. It was a clever choice, until it wasn't. Now it's the best choice by far. Thank Elon's lack of adult supervision and ability to get easily baited on Twitter for the fortuitous windfall.

$5-6K AWD upgrade might possibly happen if Tesla absolutely has to squeeze out a profitable Q1

The final knife in the 3P+ buyers is going to happen when Tesla makes the Chinese 19 inch performance Aeros standard for the US. Though V3 supercharging and Ludicrious options for 2019 Model 3 Ps would be painful as well. ;)

Yup, I need the 155 top speed and track mode. I got the P variant and Elon mentioned we would get track mode. I don't want to pay Tesla $5k for their ugly rims and brake pads. I can get my own (better) options for cheaper aftermarket.

If you wanted the 155 top speed and track mode, the price of admission is $5K..and ugly rims and brake pads AND the cost of your "better options" replacements.

Sit down. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Msjulie