Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

does anyone know where the fm antenna amplifier is?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like you said the internet isn't always right. If I was a Tesla engineer that would be the one of the parts I'd get rid of as unnecessarily complicating assembly. I'd have the tuner changed to include an RF amplifier. I posted where to start looking if it exists. It's probably in the same door pillar as the tuner further down.
It's going to be very close to the antenna. It exists to eliminate the signal loss in the wire between the antenna and the tuner.

And even though it's an old thread, just to close out the phantom, the OP was chasing a non-existent part (for the Model 3). Oh, it exists, but it's for the Model S. From his Tesla Parts catalog link, up on top, the breadcrumb header:

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 14.18.11.png

--Carlos V.

And even though it's an old thread, just to close out the phantom, the OP was chasing a non-existent part (for the Model 3). Oh, it exists, but it's for the Model S. From his Tesla Parts catalog link, up on top, the breadcrumb header:

View attachment 447111

--Carlos V.

uh, it's in the model 3 parts catalog too.

model3antenna.jpg

i pointed this out earlier, which is why i linked to the parts catalog to begin with.