Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone wave anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving in Germany over the weekend and my wife asked why that M3 driver waved at us...my response was, either he's mad or just confused me with someone else, as I never knew it was a thing...Also, this MS guy flashed lights at me in Richmond Park last month on an empty road, and my first response was wtf is wrong with him, I didn't cut him off or anything :D

Tesla wave used to be a huge thing, I've been an MX owner from 2017 and sadly the wave has declined seemingly as the car sales increase. I remember when I used to pull up in Oxford supercharger and people would come over and chat - if another Tesla owner pulled up you'd wave a chat until the cars were fully charged!

I occasionally get the odd wave here and there in Oxfordshire, mostly old plate owners so they probably remember the above sentiment as do I. If anyone sees a Model X plate X90 WNG waving like a lunatic, feel free to wave back... please... just once. 🙂

I got a wave once from a MY driver, I have a M3. He waved as he drove by and it was so sudden I didn't get to wave back and it was the only wave I've gotten and I've had my 3 for almost a year. I did wave to another M3 driver while leaving a supercharger and he waved back. I think people don't wave because lots of people who are buying Tesla's aren't car enthusiasts, they're just buying them to buy them. Like Porsche, BMW, and Jeep drivers there's a community of drivers but the types of drivers are changing. Buyers who just buy and owners who genuinely want to be part of a community/group.

Waved to a blue M3 on its way into Guildford off the A31 at ~11am today….two cars later I waved at a lime-green ‘21 plate M3.

This is more lime-green news, than waving news.

If you go around in a lime green car, you’re expected to wave extravagantly as you like being conspicuous - but did I get anything back? No!

That'll be me then 👋😁 ... wait a minute, which area is Halesowen ... sorry not me after all!

I'm always taken aback by the numbers of Teslas on the road when we travel to a busy area ... it's much harder to keep up with the waving nowadays!
Stick one of these on the dash

Attachments

• maneki-neko-waving-cat.gif
    maneki-neko-waving-cat.gif
    260.3 KB · Views: 78
Waved to a blue M3 on its way into Guildford off the A31 at ~11am today….two cars later I waved at a lime-green ‘21 plate M3.

This is more lime-green news, than waving news.

If you go around in a lime green car, you’re expected to wave extravagantly as you like being conspicuous - but did I get anything back? No!
In other weird colour/waving tesla news, I was driving up the A1 last week (north yorkshire stretch) chugging along behind a lorry in AP (in no hurry) and noticed a pink model 3 racing up the outside line in my wing mirrors looked over as they passed me and got a great wave from the lady in the passenger seat which a responded in kind.

In other weird colour/waving tesla news, I was driving up the A1 last week (north yorkshire stretch) chugging along behind a lorry in AP (in no hurry) and noticed a pink model 3 racing up the outside line in my wing mirrors looked over as they passed me and got a great wave from the lady in the passenger seat which a responded in kind.
I can't believe there are many pink model 3s out there so chances are you were passed by Jack Massey Welsh

Reactions: Bantam
Still waving at every Tesla I see 4 months in. Get a lot less waves back in the areas where there are more on the road - but I persist even driving through London! My experience is that MX drivers join in, MS don't (picking up a bit of a superiority complex over us lowly M3 owners there!) and M3 drivers are over 50% for the wave back.

I passed a transporter full of brand new M3's last night on the M6. I waved at the driver, but got nothing back. I was hoping to count that as 8 cars for one wave. :)