Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Production Time Matter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my loaded P85D 10/30, it went into production 11/7, and it was in transit on 11/17. Not too much longer now! My original delivery window was 12/16-12/30 but it has since changed to 11/25-12/2 :D

I'm basically on the same timeline as you for ordering, but it looks like they prioritize more expensive cars (like I've been told) over less expensive ones like my 70D.

I'm basically on the same timeline as you for ordering, but it looks like they prioritize more expensive cars (like I've been told) over less expensive ones like my 70D.

I have a friend in Norcal that ordered a 70 on 9/30 and she's still in production. I mentioned that to my guy at Tesla and he said they prioritize the performance models at the factory, but he was still really surprised how quickly mine was finished. I hope yours comes soon! :( They let me take a demo home this past Saturday-Tuesday and it completely made waiting for mine so much worse!

Ordered my loaded P85D 10/30, it went into production 11/7, and it was in transit on 11/17. Not too much longer now! My original delivery window was 12/16-12/30 but it has since changed to 11/25-12/2 :D

Looks like it is going to be a great car. How is it getting to LI? Train to NJ then Truck?
Planning on meeting it at the SC?
Keep in touch, mine will be coming in Late March, 2016, trying to miss all the snow, salt and ice but will catch all the potholes...

ARTinCT

Looks like it is going to be a great car. How is it getting to LI? Train to NJ then Truck?
Planning on meeting it at the SC?
Keep in touch, mine will be coming in Late March, 2016, trying to miss all the snow, salt and ice but will catch all the potholes...

ARTinCT

I have no idea how it's being transported :) My SC is about 10 minutes from my house, so I'll pick it up there. Plus they have my front console ready and waiting to be installed. I'm picking it up and immediately bringing it to my friends shop to get tinted, do a chrome delete (vinyl), and have ceramic pro applied :D You're smart to have it delivered once the harsh weather is finished!

The salesman told me the P90D got priority over all of the other cars.

This is certainly the case for the Model X
Model X Production Models.png

My 85D has been in production for 18 days now. I'm dying over here looking at the spreadsheet of everyone else finishing production in 7-10 days. There are other 85D's in the spreadsheet that went in to production a week after mine and came out already. :(

I'm guessing it's some option I have that's causing the delay, but I don't see much of a pattern that would suggest any one option delaying anything. It's really hard to be patient for this last stretch :D.

My 85D has been in production for 18 days now. I'm dying over here looking at the spreadsheet of everyone else finishing production in 7-10 days. There are other 85D's in the spreadsheet that went in to production a week after mine and came out already. :(

I'm guessing it's some option I have that's causing the delay, but I don't see much of a pattern that would suggest any one option delaying anything. It's really hard to be patient for this last stretch :D.

About 3 days less than your wait. There are other area orders that have entered production on/the same date that are already taking delivery next week. I can only guess at the circumstances in which a car doesn't make it through production at the same rate as the other cars it entered production with.

28 days.