Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the Model X come with 7.0?

Cerie

Sep 6, 2014
Connecticut
Oh that's most definitely 7.0. Well, here's hoping they throw us Model S'ers a bone and release it soon. Clearly full AP functionality is deemed safe enough to be out on the road, I don't see any reason to keep it in beta as the Model X owners aren't under a NDA. I think I'll go admire my nosecone now :)

Twiddler

Apr 19, 2012
DFW
Look at the climate bar - this is the new UI design (i.e. 7.0):

tesla-model-x-launch-031-2040.0.jpg

MarkS22

Apr 6, 2015
Morris County, NJ
Oh that's most definitely 7.0. Well, here's hoping they throw us Model S'ers a bone and release it soon. Clearly full AP functionality is deemed safe enough to be out on the road, I don't see any reason to keep it in beta as the Model X owners aren't under a NDA. I think I'll go admire my nosecone now :)

Musk seemed to state the new Autopilot features are still about a month away. So, either they deactivated those features or, more likely, they're using beta software on those initial cars.

MarkS22

Apr 6, 2015
Morris County, NJ
New Model X web page on TM does not say the word 'autopilot' anywhere.... Strange

It is strange. The press release from tonight calls it autopilot.

"Every Model X carries a forward-looking camera, radar, and 360 degree sonar sensors to enable advanced autopilot features. Tesla's over-the-air software updates regularly improve the sophistication of these features, enabling increasingly capable safety and convenience features like Autosteer and Autopark, and bringing the Model X ever closer to autonomous operation."

Maybe safety features are standard but Autopilot is a paid upgrade, so they're only showing standard features on the site?

gfb107

Sep 3, 2015
Cary, NC
I wonder how many hundreds (maybe thousands?) of fingers touched that screen during the reveal? Not at all surprising it looked like that before the end of the night.
Wow ~ someone needs to clean that screen. Either that or buy'im some Head & Shoulders
;)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC