Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dogs in a Model S??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450918578.252248.jpg

My puppy buddy Murray. Had to show him off [emoji3]

Last edited:
Reactions: Ocelot
These are Keeper (in the back) and LiLo:
KidsInTesla.jpg

They love riding in the Tesla! We found the first dog hairs in our car as we were picking it up... Keeper went through a similar ordeal as Bo (who I hope is improving daily!). Fluke accident about a year ago, hyperextended tendons. They fused a joint in his right front, and added a plate. Keeper broke that plate, so they replaced it. Broke screws on that plate, so they replaced them and he has been wearing and additional brace since. The bone is stable enough that they were able to remove the plate a few weeks ago.

Despite all those trips to the vet, Keeper still gets very excited when we go for a ride!

Can someone with an S check and see if this crate will fit in the back of the vehicle with the second row seats up from the dimensions? I doubt it will, right now it takes up about the entire volume of our 5 series wagon cargo area, and I think the wagon is a lot taller towards the end of the car than the model S is. We currently have our dog ride in the crate and swap it back and forth between the two cars, but very soon the 5 series wagon is probably going to be replaced with a model S and I'll either need to fit the crate in there or find some other solution to keep everyone safe. This picture was from the back of our GL350. http://amzn.com/B00EPK4MZ0

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_1013.jpg

These are Keeper (in the back) and LiLo:
View attachment 105292
They love riding in the Tesla! We found the first dog hairs in our car as we were picking it up... Keeper went through a similar ordeal as Bo (who I hope is improving daily!). Fluke accident about a year ago, hyperextended tendons. They fused a joint in his right front, and added a plate. Keeper broke that plate, so they replaced it. Broke screws on that plate, so they replaced them and he has been wearing and additional brace since. The bone is stable enough that they were able to remove the plate a few weeks ago.

Despite all those trips to the vet, Keeper still gets very excited when we go for a ride!
As your first post ... welcome ...

But, would you read over your post and given you have no history here ... so we don't know who Bo is ... your paras seems to make little sense?

Is this your 2nd car?

How could you have dog hair when picking it up?
Etc.

Can someone with an S check and see if this crate will fit in the back of the vehicle with the second row seats up from the dimensions? I doubt it will, right now it takes up about the entire volume of our 5 series wagon cargo area, and I think the wagon is a lot taller towards the end of the car than the model S is. We currently have our dog ride in the crate and swap it back and forth between the two cars, but very soon the 5 series wagon is probably going to be replaced with a model S and I'll either need to fit the crate in there or find some other solution to keep everyone safe. This picture was from the back of our GL350. http://amzn.com/B00EPK4MZ0

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 105302

The manufacturer's web site only lists their very smallest model as fitting in a Model S. 4pets. Hundebox. Hundeboxen fr Auto. Hundeboxen Schweiz. Dog Crate I couldn't find a crate that would hold my GSD and fit in the MS so I built my own. Or you could talk to this guy. He'll build anything for a price and his work is of the highest quality. Kustom Krates

Bo == Borealis, one of AudubonB's dogs. Discussion of injury up thread (click Search Thread at top of page, search for Borealis)
Well, that makes more sense! I was thinking "Gee - one of their dogs has the same nickname as Borealis!":redface:

And to all you caninophiles.....Aurora and Borealis wish you all a howling good Christmas:
IMG_2333.jpeg

Bo == Borealis, one of AudubonB's dogs.
Exactly, glad to hear he is "howling good"!

As far as the hair is concerned, no matter how careful you are, if you own malamutes you will always carry a piece of them (in form of some hairs) wherever you go! So near the end of our new owner intro my wife and I simultaneously noticed some dog hair (obviously transfer from our clothes) in our not-yet-signed-for car... We thought it was funny, a tell-tale of things to come.

First Tesla, Titanium Metallic 85D with all extras except third-row seats. Joins a VW CC in the garage, though the CC doesn't get moved much lately... We just like driving the Tesla too much (and the CC really is a fun car to drive, as far as ICE cars go).

Here it is at the supercharger in Hinckley, MN (yes, both dogs are in the back, hence the crappy parking job to make it easier for the invalid boy to get in and out):
TeslaHinckley.jpg

I'm pretty sure he means that by parking sideways, there is plenty of room behind the trunk to open and get the dogs in.

Exactly. Brand-new supercharger (at that time) in Hinkley MN, opened just 6 days prior. It had rained all day and the area behind the concrete was soaked. Keeper is a big dog (>100lbs) and wearing a brace he needs help in and out to ease the load on that hand (though he certainly will jump in an out if you are not quick enough!). So parking sideways gave more room to maneuver behind the trunk. No shortage of parking or other Teslas around either day we were there. It was a gun road trip, dogs and us had a great time.

Borrowing from the ideas in the thread I built this today to protect from our 2 GSDs (90lbs Maximus is in the pictures):
20160101_210708.jpg

It's a 7x9 ft indoor/outdoor carpet from Home Depot ($30) that was cut to fit the profile i needed (going up the sides and protect rear bumper). Looked like this before the final few cuts along the black lines:
20160101_203153.jpg

The front is anchored by a 4 ft 1x3 wrapped in black fabric attached to sewn hoods that go over the front headrests. The hoods are decently snug so it holds really well:
20160101_193441.jpg

Total price was probably <$50. Hope that helps someone else!

Reactions: CHG-ON