Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door misaligned? Am I too picky?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my Model 3 last week Thursday and I am loving it. I just have one thing that I am wondering if I am being too picky on. The rear door on the drivers side looks misaligned. Not by much, but it definitely is off slightly. I tried to get it in a photo. The other side is better aligned but not perfect. Am I being too picky? Is this how they all are?

Thanks for any input!
- Dan
%36Kv%bfTZWKQR6qrJIYVw.jpg
L6UjkYmwTgWDFZ%Y4HiEdA.jpg

After further investigating, it looks like it is an easy fix. They adjust the latch plate. Mobile service can even do it in some cases. I live in Michigan, where Tesla stores and service centers are not allowed, so this was good news to me. I'll request them to take a look at it, but I am not too worried about it any more. Thanks for your input!

Reactions: Gavyne
I would just start a list of all of the minor things that are sure to pop up as you spend more time in the car. I personally wouldn't schedule a visit just for that, but would have them look at it eventually along with other things.

After further investigating, it looks like it is an easy fix. They adjust the latch plate. Mobile service can even do it in some cases. I live in Michigan, where Tesla stores and service centers are not allowed, so this was good news to me. I'll request them to take a look at it, but I am not too worried about it any more. Thanks for your input!
I don't understand why Tesla stores and service centers are not allowed in Michigan and other states and dealers of foreign cars are.

Your not picky. My driver side door was exactly the same:
Tesla Model 3 Performance (issues)

This has now been resolved after taking it to the service center.

Wow, that was quite a few items... Was that AFTER their inspection??? I had to delay delivery because of a paint defect, but I didn't encounter any of what you went through. Given your car is the P3D version, you would think they'd have more attention on it?
My LR-RWD had only a paint chip.

@Hkbruin - I had trust they would resolve these issues - and they did. Mine was the only P3D with the performance upgrade package when I took delivery. Although there might have been a P3D sleeper (without the PUP). But Yes, you would think they would give more attention.