Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Assistance Features Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started getting these messages mid March. I took car into Tesla Melbourne Service, where they also fixed the tyre and accidentally damaged the door in a jacking accident. So the car was gone for over a week while they sent it to File Finish for panel beating. They pointed to a slight dent in the bonnet (I honestly have no idea what caused this: I have never run into anything that would cause this sort of damage), and say the car must have been involved in an accident, and the radar required realignment. Due to their accidental damage to the front door, they did this free of charge.

Several days later, got the same message again. Also noticed auto full beam not working. Took car back into Tesla Melbourne Service yesterday. They again said they realigned the radar and had several people double check it this time, and everything is fine.

Drove car home. Autopilot is fine. Auto full beam fine. Drove car to shopping centre today, towards closing time, away from other cars. No problems. Get back to car, and it greets me with "Driver Assistance Features Unavailable" again. Also lights stuck again on full beam.

WTF?

Guess I will have to contact Tesla again, but am a bit disappointing they haven't fixed the problem in two trips. Also starting to think the problem has nothing to do with the radar alignment or the slight dent on the bonnet.

Maybe it is a matter of when in service they keep resetting the computers during the realignment process until everything comes good for a while. Without fixing the root cause.