Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drop-In Center Console now in the Tesla Model S online store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I meant to show you mine the last time we were together and I think we got distracted by the amazing food ;)

But seriously, if you need/want to see mine before you get yours, just let me know and we can arrange a meetup.

Thanks! Was able to check one out yesterday at the appliqué group install at delanman's house. Pretty sure I can add carbon fiber to all of the top panels, not just the phone section. Not yet sure about the leather change to match interior leather if not black. Will need an upholsterer to do that.

Thanks! Was able to check one out yesterday at the appliqué group install at delanman's house. Pretty sure I can add carbon fiber to all of the top panels, not just the phone section. Not yet sure about the leather change to match interior leather if not black. Will need an upholsterer to do that.

How simple or difficult do you think it is to swap out that one piece? I looked at mine again, and can't really tell whether it might just "pop" in and out, or whether there is some complicated mechanism involved.

Thanks!

Just installed - Looks Fantastic!

IMG_6729.JPG
IMG_6730.JPG
IMG_6731.JPG
IMG_6732.JPG

Aaron

My obeche matte console is now at the service center (I was also early to get on the wait list)... Just learned today that the next available appointment to get it installed is July 2nd - over 3 weeks away! Seems like a long time to wait for what I imagine takes <1 hour to install. Meanwhile, I'll need to be content admiring your photos...

My obeche matte console is now at the service center (I was also early to get on the wait list)... Just learned today that the next available appointment to get it installed is July 2nd - over 3 weeks away! Seems like a long time to wait for what I imagine takes <1 hour to install. Meanwhile, I'll need to be content admiring your photos...

One hour? Probably more like ten minutes.

I suspect that your service center would allow you to look at your console prior to it being installed. I imagine that would be helpful in planning your mods. I just wish they would allow a self-install, or just let us have the console and say "hey, it's your problem now."

All -

The installation takes about an hour (since I had mine done yesterday while I waited).

I believe they make sure the console is securely fastened to the car and take their time to make sure its done correctly.

Aaron

I was one of the luck ones for the Obeche Gloss collector consoles. I think my order was in the low 300's. If you use a phone case you will need to buy an adaptor to raise the plug. I found one on Amazon for $19.00 and it works great.​

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 11.59.00 AM.png

Last edited:
If you use a phone case you will need to buy an adaptor to raise the plug. I found one on Amazon for $19.00 and it works great.

The problem with that adapter is that you can't close the console cover with it in place. Also, if your phone and case is like my wife's, the adapter is more likely to stick in the phone than on the dock when the phone is removed.

I had tried that adapter, but wound up performing a simple modification on the dock instead. I documented it with pictures here:

Modifying the Tesla Center Console for phones in cases (Pictures Included)

Last edited:
I was in the first 50 but never heard anything. I'd stil like to get a matching obeche gloss.

Contact them. They may have one for you.

- - - Updated - - -

I just was informed that my console is available at my local SC. I did not get the matching stitching. Has anyone tried the shoe-polish or other technique to change the color? If so, how did it go?

- - - Updated - - -

I contacted Tesla and they immediately said that they will ship out a new set of panels with the black stitching! Awesome!

Last edited: