Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drop-In Center Console now in the Tesla Model S online store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You also have to be wary being one of the first 2000 to get one. I hear those will be 'A' version, but the 'B' version will be quite a bit more spiffy.

I have an A battery, so the A console will just fit. The B battery makes it too tight and you have to wait until they make the B console. So the A console only holds a couple cups of 10 oz coffee, but the B console must take the 8 oz size which you can load faster and can put in 2 1/2.

Is that what you mean? I see the similarities.

I wonder what bots will get this posted on Seeking Alpha.

I received an email from Tesla yesterday saying that I am now able to order one online. Here is my question to those of you who have the console - is the quality good enough that you would do it again? I have gotten used to the open space, but the console looks so chic... any opinions would help me make a decision, thanks!

I received an email from Tesla yesterday saying that I am now able to order one online. Here is my question to those of you who have the console - is the quality good enough that you would do it again? I have gotten used to the open space, but the console looks so chic... any opinions would help me make a decision, thanks!
When did you put your name on the wait-list? I'm trying to figure out where I stand. I received an email from TM on December 2nd that I'd been put on the "wait list."

Is the center console removable? My wife likes the open space in the MS. As she says, a place for her to put her purse. I think I'd like a console, so want to be able to put it in as needed.

I had a Ranger at the house yesterday, and he told me he had installed one, and it is definitely in multiple pieces and then screwed into place. Very different from my one-piece removable CCI. I don't think I would want anything permanently installed there. I wonder if Tesla can be convinced to deliver it to me instead of the Service Center, and let me decide whether I want to screw it in place.

While I agree it is preferred to have a drop-in console insert that can be easily removed - what happens to the console if the car is in a high speed collision?

If Tesla includes the console as a new car option - it would be included in safety testing - and attaching it to the vehicle, to assure the console doesn't become a projectile during a collision makes sense.

For those that have had the console installed - has anyone determined if it's possible to take it out - and how difficult removing - and re-installing it would be?

For those tracking waitlist...

I got my email as well. Still deciding whether I want to pull the trigger or not. I'm having a little hesitation for similar reasons to not wanting a front license plate -- holes and permanence.

For those tracking waitlist...

I got my email as well. Still deciding whether I want to pull the trigger or not. I'm having a little hesitation for similar reasons to not wanting a front license plate -- holes and permanence.
Have you looked at the Skene design web site, have an XK8 and never put on a front plate (live in California). But was able to install the front plate down low and I like the look. Very easy to install and 2 small screws that go on the underside of the nose cone so you cannot see them and if you want to remove the plate the hole are not visible.

I went to the Houston Service Center yesterday to view mine. It will get installed on Wednesday. It will be the first one in Houston. I think it is definitely worth the wait. It is not something you can set in place like the CCI. The storage space is very large in comparison with the CCI.