Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drop-In Center Console now in the Tesla Model S online store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here.....Mine was sent to SC last week, with Thursday install and I was called to tell me they are missing a piece to complete the install and are awaiting delivery from California. Weird?!?!?

My Center Console was shipped without installation hardware. Turns out that the hardware has been updated and old hardware is not to be used. So everyone waits while the new style installation hardware gets built and shipped. May be weeks yet.

Two weeks since they said it was going to ship and no update. Reminds me of waiting for the car.... De ja vu all over again.

Well let's see here, Roadster was delayed many times and even when they did start shipping there were problems.
Model S was delayed, and again, there were problems with the first round.
I think at this point it is becoming a trend, the Center Console is now delayed again... hopefully they can fix the issue quickly and get back on track

I feel bad for them, because they are trying so hard. I just hope that when we finally get to the gen 3 launch they have gotten over their growing pains of quality control and such. Because I think it is going to be a huge problem for them if they are not ready to start hitting the Gen 3 with like 50k models for the first year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were closely following this thread, and making changes to the actual design, based on all of our comments. Such as: ease of removal/installation (make it user-installable), phone dock compatibility with cases, protection against items falling into the "nether region" beneath the phone dock hood, etc. It would actually be a good strategy...release a few prototypes, and let the forum(s) crowdsource reviews and suggestions.

Not specific to this thread BUT, at a CA Tesla store in January, I was told, "oh yes, we are on the TMC forum all the time"

it it has been my understanding for some time that TMInc officially does not want their employees posting here, but lurking (?) that's different :frown: (and hopefully very useful, helpful & informative)

Last edited:
Funny that I have participated in lots of forums and usually there is someone from the company that participates. Did Tesla ever have someone participate in the forum?

Tesla has an official forum that they sometimes answer questions in--if you ask in their special section. George Blankenship used to post here on occasion, but no one else seems to. They do watch this forum, but it appears that most Tesla employees aren't supposed to post here.

Tesla has an official forum that they sometimes answer questions in--if you ask in their special section. George Blankenship used to post here on occasion, but no one else seems to. They do watch this forum, but it appears that most Tesla employees aren't supposed to post here.

There are clearly some people on the forums in the know, and they keep information pretty tight lipped until they can come out and mention it, but I don't know if they work for the company or not (might be a friend of an employee or something). But generally, I would say, it is PR101 to ensure that someone doesn't say something that is not the "official" response line from Tesla. So if someone from the company ever did post here it would pretty much have to be something like Blankenship-esque person. Who is so high up the chain, that he already knows what he can and cannot say.

They are early adopters who have signed an NDA.

Ah or that, yeah having watched "Revenge of the Electric Car" there was a part in there where they had a town hall with roadster reservation holders to talk to them, answer questions, and reassure people about the changes and such. So I would image people like that who literally got a one on one with Elon and JB were able to stay connected to the company.

But I still assume that there are likely other lurkers who might have fallen in the other category I mentioned.

Yes, I would buy that rear console in a heartbeat, were it available.

image.jpg

Reply from Tesla ([email protected]) - The rear console product should be available in the future. However, we do not have any specific information available at this time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 890
Let's collect money and leave customers in the dark until they come to us seeking an explanation for the delays. Same ole Tesla.

We apologize for the lack of communication over the past few weeks regarding your Premium Center Console installation. Tesla has identified additional parts that need to be fitted to the console to further improve the product. These parts are currently being tested and we should have them available soon. We will be sending out an update in approximately two weeks when we have more specific information available.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and support.