Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dual Motor now $5000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that the price of AWD went up 1k but performance stayed the same, its a 10k upgrade now instead of 11k. During the earnings call they said that their Dual motor (performance and non) was 50% which was more than they expected. I'm wondering if they don't have the production capacity for that many more front drive units so they're raising the price the nudge a little demand back to RWD.

Want to temp people to order performance over non-performance by closing the gap, making it more profitable for Tesla...

and at the opposite end it could push someone down in price instead of up.

LR battery pack $9,000
AWD $5,000 (was 4,000 for a while)
Premium Upgrades Package (PUP) $5000

There are 9 major hardware configs

1. $64,000 Performance
2. $54,000 AWD "all in" AWD + PUP + LR
3. $49,000 "First available" - PUP + LR - NO AWD
4. $49,000 AWD LR - NO PUP
5. $45,000 AWD PUP - NO LR
6. $44,000 LR, no PUP, no AWD
7. $40,000 PUP, no AWD, no LR
8. $40,000 AWD - NO PUP - NO LR
9. $35,000 BASE BASE BASE Model 3 with no major options.

I'm on the fence between waiting for 5, 7, 8, or 9. Make AWD more expensive and maybe I drop lower on the config list. Don't know until the non PUP trim is revealed if I can live without that. If so and I get price conscious I could drop down to the bottom config.

I'll get blue paint no matter what, I'm glad they aren't pushing that up in price like the MC red and MC white, since that would also push me down the config list.

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: Troy and brianman