Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe Tesla's roadmap does show something on the QEW corridor. Hard to tell exactly, but it looks to be near the Burlington area. Something near the point where the QEW, 407 and 403 all converge in Burlington would make sense as it would support travel on those major routes.

Oh please let it not be the Ford drive area. It's a nightmare there ;)

I could see one maybe around the Burloak exit.

I agree Trev, the SC must be West of Ford Drive.

The SC stations along the 401 serve mainly the 401..this SC station is some what unique for Ontario...it must serve 4 major thoroughfares (QEW / 401 / 403 / 407)...I think it must be located a sufficient distance West of Toronto / Mississauga to avoid the unacceptable traffic levels associated with those cities ...

Oh please let it not be the Ford drive area. It's a nightmare there ;)

I could see one maybe around the Burloak exit.

Absolutely. Closer to the 407/403/QEW juncture. Just looking at the map, the Mapleview Shopping Center just off the QE in that area might be ideal. There is a freeway exchange right there for folks travelling in either direction.

The only problems with Mapleview are...

"Un-elightened" ownership...for the longest while, their one charging station was off line for long periods of time (yes, they knew about it)...it would probably be a tough sell...and more importantly, their parking lot is just not big enough...for the entire Christmas shopping season, you have to drive around to find a spot...imo, a Supercharge station would be iced for most of the month. ..

Not sure if anyone has seen this already, but the Big Apple in Colborne just got added to plugshare. They have an hpwc and a sun country EVSE. I assume its available 24/7. Would be a good spot for a little top up if you are cutting it close going to Kingston from Toronto in the winter (until we get another SC), and during business hours there's lots of free things to do, especially if you have kids with you. I'm not sure of the amps on these units though.

The only problems with Mapleview are...

"Un-elightened" ownership...for the longest while, their one charging station was off line for long periods of time (yes, they knew about it)...it would probably be a tough sell...and more importantly, their parking lot is just not big enough...for the entire Christmas shopping season, you have to drive around to find a spot...imo, a Supercharge station would be iced for most of the month. ..

Not being familiar with the area, I would defer to your judgement. It just looked good from a Google Maps perspective :smile:

When bumper stickers saying "Let the Eastern bastards freeze in the dark" appeared in Alberta during the 70s I don't think they was referring to the people in the Maritime provinces.

- - - Updated - - -

"Generally considered as..." I believe Hugh was referring to the maritime provinces, also referred as Eastern Canada sometimes. Ontario is often considered as central, and even Quebec sometimes...
To be geographically accurate Tache, Manitoba is the longitudinal centre of Canada. If Ontario is considered central, especially places like Toronto and Ottawa, then SK would also be central. Assuming Winnipeg every gets a SC then it just barely makes it as part of the Western half of the country. But if Falcon Lake got one as well, to facilitate EV traffic on the T-Can, then it should go in this thread.

centre_map.jpg

Why there rather than the 403/QEW/407 interchange around Brant? That seems like a way better spot to me.

Yes, like right here, eh ?
qew supercharger lex idea.jpg

Not sure if anyone has seen this already, but the Big Apple in Colborne just got added to plugshare. They have an hpwc and a sun country EVSE. I assume its available 24/7. Would be a good spot for a little top up if you are cutting it close going to Kingston from Toronto in the winter (until we get another SC), and during business hours there's lots of free things to do, especially if you have kids with you. I'm not sure of the amps on these units though.

I don't remember reading the Big Apple has a Tesla HPWC would love to know the amps on that bad boy... or do we just assume that most of these HPWC "destination chargers" are not near their 80 amp potential... ? Ah well I am starting to appreciate the J1772 opportunities to grab an hour's worth of coffee, emails, and electrons... Spectrum and Eglinton in Mississauga now has an array of free Chargepoint stalls (needs the fob) that just came online beside the new(ish) Starbucks. I only got 220V 25A if I recall, but got some work done and that "buffer" was actually called into action that day. And the latté was perfect.

I don't remember reading the Big Apple has a Tesla HPWC would love to know the amps on that bad boy... or do we just assume that most of these HPWC "destination chargers" are not near their 80 amp potential... ? Ah well I am starting to appreciate the J1772 opportunities to grab an hour's worth of coffee, emails, and electrons... Spectrum and Eglinton in Mississauga now has an array of free Chargepoint stalls (needs the fob) that just came online beside the new(ish) Starbucks. I only got 220V 25A if I recall, but got some work done and that "buffer" was actually called into action that day. And the latté was perfect.

I'm not sure what the amps are on it. I just happened to see it on Plugshare. I emailed Tesla about it and they said it will be pushed to the car map on the next update. It has a Sun Country J1772 as well, like a lot of the hotels are doing.

I'm not sure what the amps are on it. I just happened to see it on Plugshare. I emailed Tesla about it and they said it will be pushed to the car map on the next update. It has a Sun Country J1772 as well, like a lot of the hotels are doing.

I've noticed Superchargers would just show up on the car's maps at any time (no "update" needed). I wonder if that's true for Destination Chargers too? I would have to think so.

I am travelling from Mississauga to La Malbaie, QC on the weekend. I assume it is best to go from Cornwall to Drummondville and then direct to La Malbaie? Can I make it from Drum to La Mal? If I have to stop in Quebec City, does anyone have a recommendation? I am staying at the Fairmont in La Malbaie which has a listed charger, I assume reliable? Any advice would be appreciated!