Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was the temperature and your battery level when you saw 163 km/h charge rate? I have seen supercharging rates ramp up for a while before tapering down, when I arrived after a 2 hour drive on a cold day, because the battery was cold. The airflow under the pack can keep it fairly cold even after a long drive.
It was chilly yes, but I also charged yesterday with no problem although the temperature was a bit warmer. But not much.

Don't forget that Tesla already has a presence in NS. In addition to the Dahn lab affiliation at Dalhousie University, they also have an R&D office in Dartmouth. Perhaps a supercharger would be of some use there...

I had forgotten about the Dal connection, but was reminded of it lately when I saw some news. I did not know about the Dartmouth R&D lab though. Amazing. I should move back home and get a job.

Reactions: Falkirk
You saw 112 kW on your 70D? Seems very unlikely. I thought the max for a 70 pack was closer to 96kW.
IMG_7994.jpg

I realize this isn't news but now that "I" have to drive from Toronto to Halifax on February 26, I realize what a gaping hole in Supercharger coverage New Brunswick is.

I plan on cutting through Maine and overnighting in Moncton (if I can make it). I have the adapter so Truro's Chademo option is welcome.

Good news for everyone else, a Supercharger has always opened just AFTER I needed it. So, perhaps Elon will surprise is with one. :p

I realize this isn't news but now that "I" have to drive from Toronto to Halifax on February 26, I realize what a gaping hole in Supercharger coverage New Brunswick is.

I plan on cutting through Maine and overnighting in Moncton (if I can make it). I have the adapter so Truro's Chademo option is welcome.

Good news for everyone else, a Supercharger has always opened just AFTER I needed it. So, perhaps Elon will surprise is with one. :p
In 2019 in Canada! LOL!