Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think that is relevant. Sales of Tesla vehicles will be the determining factor. Of course the sales may be a little lower.

It really is relevant, cancellation of the EV rebate means a significant decline in sales. The mass market car is suddenly $14k more. People who were expecting to pay ~$31k now are priced out at $45k. Or those with LR expecting to pay around $60k night he priced out at $74k.

Or people like me who were getting the 3 to replace ICE cars that don’t yet need to be replaced due to the incentive no longer buying it.

I myself, and every single individual I know who’s reserved the Model 3, just cancelled their reservation.

With all these cancellations, the current supercharger map is based on Tesla’s model 3 reservations in the regions. No more sales = possible cancellation of some of these superchargers

This is definitely a big disappointing moment for mass EV adoption in Ontario!

Reactions: Falkirk
Keeping my reservation. Rebate makes no difference. There isn't a compelling alternative. Look to pick up a standard range AWD 3 in a year or so, until then Tesla can keep my money in their bank.

If the reservation deposit means nothing in terms of priority, fine, but let's not pretend Tesla will have trouble selling every car they make.

Sorry for those that missed out on the rebate, but you had your chance to purchase three months ago, when Tesla prioritized Ontario customers to the tune of thousands of deliveries in a one month span.

Reactions: 5JMJ
Keeping my reservation. Rebate makes no difference. There isn't a compelling alternative. Look to pick up a standard range AWD 3 in a year or so, until then Tesla can keep my money in their bank.

If the reservation deposit means nothing in terms of priority, fine, but let's not pretend Tesla will have trouble selling every car they make.

Sorry for those that missed out on the rebate, but you had your chance to purchase three months ago, when Tesla prioritized Ontario customers to the tune of thousands of deliveries in a one month span.

Problem with people who missed it, some were waiting for AWD, some were waiting for SR.

As for Tesla not having a problem selling every car they make, sure you're right. But the fact that their sales will be less in Ontario specifically will still a halt to the supercharger expansion efforts in the area, especially Urban superchargers.

I in no way think this will impact Tesla negatively on a sales perspective at the overall company level, but it will impact Ontario drivers!

In 6 months time, the short range AWD Model 3 will be available and will be priced competitively with premium German gas car makers. I don't see a big deal, sure the rebate is gone, but with thousands of Tesla's in the local Toronto and GTA area, with Model 3's available for test drives, there will be plenty of purchasing in Ontario. Not everyone needs a rebate to justify the purchase of a car.

In 6 months time, the short range AWD Model 3 will be available and will be priced competitively with premium German gas car makers. I don't see a big deal, sure the rebate is gone, but with thousands of Tesla's in the local Toronto and GTA area, with Model 3's available for test drives, there will be plenty of purchasing in Ontario. Not everyone needs a rebate to justify the purchase of a car.
Sure, but the removal of the rebate will certainly negatively affect sales. This is basic economics.