Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EC Certificate of Conformity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Wonder if anyone know and had experience of how to request the Model 3 EC CoC from Tesla UK? Obviously in the UK we only got the V5 once we purchased and register the car.

I've emailed the delivery team and called them as well and they haven't got a clue what I'm on about.

Is there a specific department I need to talk to?

TA

Although the manual isn’t a ‘Complete car’ EU CoC.

FAQ
0DB2BBDF-34C8-407B-A8C5-10715F4CE826.jpeg

I didn’t get one with my car.

Although the manual isn’t a ‘Complete car’ EU CoC.

FAQ
View attachment 599675

I didn’t get one with my car.

If you're in the UK the vehicle is registered directly by Tesla with the DVLA - I don't quite know why the original poster wants the certificates but I assume they're probably not UK based.

Updated:

So I looked at your other posts and see you're trying to relocate your car from Singapore to the UK. I would suggest contacting Tesla in Singapore (or wherever you purchased the car from) as they're more likely to be able to provide the documents you require in order to register the imported car in the UK (this is assuming the specification is the same as the UK/EU spec models).

The UK government website which I'm sure you've read, states that for non EU registered vehicles you basically have to arrange the conformity inspections and tests yourself, see the DVLA website at

https://www.gov.uk/importing-vehicles-into-the-uk/

Last edited:
Hello,

Wonder if anyone know and had experience of how to request the Model 3 EC CoC from Tesla UK? Obviously in the UK we only got the V5 once we purchased and register the car.

I've emailed the delivery team and called them as well and they haven't got a clue what I'm on about.

Is there a specific department I need to talk to?

TA
Hi - i just spoke to their customer service, and you should send your request (with VIN# and contact details) to [email protected]. Have just done so now; will try to keep this trail updated

Any suggestion that the CoC is not automatically included in new UK deliveries because it's an EU document/ Brexit etc?...
In 30 years of owning cars in the uk I’ve never physically had a certificate of conformity. Nothing to do with EU or Brexit. If Tesla aren’t giving them when asked, it’s almost certainly a reflection of Tesla customer service than Brexit.

Bump. Im looking to get the same COC and it seems impossible to find out how…
The email address was indeed erroneous.
In the end I logged a service ticket via the Tesla app (had to book a bogus appointment). Appointment was cancelled by Tesla but then their customer service reached out with the certificate within a week. No fee.