Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EDD For Tesla MYP Jan. 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah possibly but March going pass soon and tax credit who knows what is going to happen. I normally go on Tesla site and pretend to order MYP and still says feb to March time frame didn’t change yet.
I was following the myp thread and it looks like someone who ordered mid to late Jan like me in So Cal has almost the same EDD in late March for MYP or MYLR so I stayed put for now

OD 1/13 red/black MYP
Latest EDD is 2/15-3/1
Based on the multiple changes so far, I don’t have a lot of confidence in that EDD. I’m just hoping to get a car before the tax credit changes.
Yeah once you get vin it should be that edd give it take. Yours should be coming soon. I order mine 1/16 for the LR however I switch to myp and gotten vin last week.

OD: 2/3
MYP WH ext, WH int
EDD: 3/20-3/31

Changed to MYLR WH ext / WH int on 2/9
EDD stayed the same. Hope me giving up the spot for MYP will help out someone move up the wait time.

Am I only few who had MYP as original order and changed to MYLR? It will be interesting to see if EDD stays the same for MYLR

OD: 2/3
MYP WH ext, WH int
EDD: 3/20-3/31

Changed to MYLR WH ext / WH int on 2/9
EDD stayed the same. Hope me giving up the spot for MYP will help out someone move up the wait time.

Am I only few who had MYP as original order and changed to MYLR? It will be interesting to see if EDD stays the same for MYLR
It will change… not for the better. You’re likely gonna be late April to May, or even May to June window. I had a MYLR (OD 1/23) with a 4/2-5/14 range before switching to MYP (3/3-3/31).

• Helpful
Reactions: chobra
What's the reason ?
MYLR has a further out EDD listed on the Tesla order page, likely higher take rate and lower profit margin which likely means further out EDD when compared to the MYP that has a sooner EDD on the Tesla order page, likely lower take rate, and higher profit margin.

But white interior appears to be furthest out EDD overall, so MYLR with black interior might get a sooner EDD than a MYP with white interior.

Then you have to factor in delivery destination, current theory is orders that are close to either the TX or CA factory would have a further out EDD due to being able to complete the order by the end of the quarter (end of March). So a MYLR or MYP going to MA would get a VIN and complete delivery before the order that goes to CA\TX or adjacent state.

Reactions: pradeep1231
What's the reason ?
I decided to take the SR model from existing inventory instead of waiting for performance and missing the tax credit. I only went with Performance originally for earlier delivery date than LR.., but with SR available for earlier delivery, I took SR option. That’s over $10,000 saving and also I wasn’t comfortable spending $1800+ every one to two years on tire set. I downgraded to LR and kept the order just in case SR doesnt get delivered before end of Feb.

Original Order: MYLR Blue/Black/5 Seats/19"/Tow
OD: 1/15 11PM East, completed profile immediately (order agreement says 1/16 OD)
Original EDD: Jan-Mar
Updated EDD: 2/9-3/9
2/3 - Updated Order to MYP Blue/Black/Tow (order agreement still shows 1/16 OD)
EDD: 2/9-3/9 (no change)
VIN: 2/7 PF683xxx (received text & email)
EDD: 2/26-3/7
2/9 - exchanged texts with online sales and they mentioned VIN ETA is 2/21, and I should receive a text to schedule delivery within a week
Delivery TBD
Tesla Location is Westchester-Mt. Kisco NY

2/12 - Received text/email to schedule delivery
Delivery scheduled for 2/23 :)

i ordered mylr red black lr tow
od 1/23
edd jan -mar
edd 3/16-3/31
edd 3/13-3/31
never got april

when does the 7500 rebate cut off? is at march or end of march?
Well, your order date is pretty much the same as mine, but when I got the EDD, I had the 7 seater. My sister ordered a few days later with the 5 seater with March dates.

But the issue is that the person I quoted had an even later date. That’s why I said it would be later. Consider that all the people that ordered early on having dates within days of each other, got spread across weeks.

As for the rebate… it’s simply “TBD.”

March was just when the IRS would give their determination on additional battery rules, including when and how it’s implemented.

Last edited: