Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EDD For Tesla MYP Jan. 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Original Order Date: 1/29 at 5:29pm PST
MYLR Grey paint with Black interior - No add ons
OG EDD April-May 16
Updated on 2/14 to new EDD 3/26-3/31 (Hopefully I make it under the wire for the full $7500 tax credit now!)
Central California Fresno area
VIN NOT assigned yet

You just told us you weren’t talking about OD. So I didn’t have to assume anything.
My man. What I said was on 2/14 a lot of folks with existing long range custom orders got their estimated delivery dates pushed, this accounts for their order date. Also on 2/14, a bunch of Performance custom orders estimated delivery dates moved up, also accounting for their order dates.
My post had nothing to do with folks purchasing existing inventory. It also had nothing to do with switching from LR to P like you and I because most of us did it 2/3 ish and were issued a new EDD

My man. What I said was on 2/14 a lot of folks with existing long range custom orders got their estimated delivery dates pushed, this accounts for their order date. Also on 2/14, a bunch of Performance custom orders estimated delivery dates moved up, also accounting for their order dates.
My post had nothing to do with folks purchasing existing inventory. It also had nothing to do with switching from LR to P like you and I because most of us did it 2/3 ish and were issued a new EDD
You’re just going around in circles.

I won’t be continuing this conversation with you.

• Disagree
Reactions: sdq_11
Got mine scheduled for Tuesday! MYP Silver, black interior, tow hitch. St. Louis, mo pick up.

Order MYLR Date 1/15
1/18: EDD estimated Feb 20 - March 27th
Around Jan 27 EDD to Feb 17 - March 17th
Changed to MYP on the date the cap switch
VIN assigned 2/7 and 2/20-2/28 EDD
2/13 EDD changed to 2/15-2/24
2/14 Delivery scheduled for 2/21

Reactions: sdq_11
This is my first Tesla experience and this whole edd thing and how it move around is just kinda crazy to me. I still have 1 month time frame 2/18-3/18 since day 1. I gave up on checking the app lol. Not much info or transparency from the 510 number. Coming from the world of Audi.

This is my first Tesla experience and this whole edd thing and how it move around is just kinda crazy to me. I still have 1 month time frame 2/18-3/18 since day 1. I gave up on checking the app lol. Not much info or transparency from the 510 number. Coming from the world of Audi.
Did you purchase the Audi at a local dealer or custom ordered it?

Car from local Audi dealer is the equivalent of buying an in-stock car from a local Tesla service\sales center.

Custom order from a local Audi dealer is the equivalent of a custom order from a local Tesla service\sales center or from the Tesla website\app.

I haven't custom ordered a car from Audi before, but I imagine they give you an estimated time frame of when the car will be available for pickup, and that estimate can change, isn't that the same as your experience with Tesla?

When I tried to custom order a new corvette from a local dealer, they gave me a generic time frame of 6 months.

When I tried to custom order a new BMW M2 from a local dealer, they also gave me a 3-6 month time frame. You can track your custom order through mybmw website, they give more info as which stage the car is in than the Tesla app, but their EDD can change due to various reasons like Tesla.

When I tried to custom order a new supra from Toyota, they said they don't do custom orders, the dealers go through a lottery and if it matches my config then it goes to the first reservation holder on their list.

Last edited:
Well it sure beats anything else in the EV world right now. Walk in to order an I5 or EV6 and the guy will shrug his shoulders, ask for a couple grand and tell you they might call you in a couple years. At least Tesla can produce EVs in volume and has some sort of system that isn't too far off from the original estimates.

Reactions: chobra
I ordered a Ford Bronco in 2020. I received it 16 months later with pretty much zero communication. I did get it at the quote price but I was one of the few.

I ordered a Tesla MYP on 1/15 received it on 2/7 with communication the entire way and no worry of a price change.

Reactions: sdq_11 and chobra