Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EDD For Tesla MYP Jan. 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 2/1-MYLR: Blue/Black/19/5 seats
EDD: Feb-Mar
EDD(2/3): Mar-May
Upgrade (2/7) MYP: Blue/Black
EDD: Feb-Mar
EDD(2/9): 2/20-3/20
EDD(2/21): 2/24-3/10
then... day by day
(2/26) Text: Vin expected 1-2 weeks
EDD(3/2): 3/13-3/31
(3/7) Vin Assigned
Pickup Schedule on Mar 9
BayArea in California

Many thanks for everyone in this forum. It is very helpful and learn a lot as I as new owner.
I will update the pickup process. ;)

Reactions: Mr_Joe and chobra
Wanted to see if anyone can give me some insight. This is going to be our first Tesla. Got our VIN assigned today for MYP white/black (PF697), pick up location SoCal. We never had been assigned an SA, we have just been calling Tesla for any questions. After getting the VIN today, we called and asked the customer representative what the build date was and we were told it was Feb 2023 (and they could not see a specific date). From what I gather on this thread, it seems like PF697 was probably built around Feb 22-24? Just curious to see if you guys think this might be a reject? Or is this the usual turn around time for when the car is built to VIN assignment/delivery. Will the customer service representative know or even tell us if this was rejected?
My VIN is PF698***. Assigned on 2/22. My guess is the same build date as yours. SC mentioned it's arriving at TPA tomorrow 3/8. Scheduled to pick it up Friday.

Took delivery today. So smooth. Took longer to get the check at my credit union than the delivery of the car. Car is perfect. Not a flaw. When I saw it Sunday at the delivery center it didn’t have mud flaps or PPF on the rear fenders. When I picked the car up today it had both. Apparently they install that at the service center prior to delivery. Loving the car, did a quick 100 mile round trip tonight to drop off a loaner car I had. The MYP feels more solid than my 2019 model 3 did. Much quieter too. Can also say, even with 21” wheels the ride is great. Firm but smoother than my 3 was.
5DA29CAC-119C-425A-8949-6EFFE8CBE7EC.jpeg

Took delivery today. So smooth. Took longer to get the check at my credit union than the delivery of the car. Car is perfect. Not a flaw. When I saw it Sunday at the delivery center it didn’t have mud flaps or PPF on the rear fenders. When I picked the car up today it had both. Apparently they install that at the service center prior to delivery. Loving the car, did a quick 100 mile round trip tonight to drop off a loaner car I had. The MYP feels more solid than my 2019 model 3 did. Much quieter too. Can also say, even with 21” wheels the ride is great. Firm but smoother than my 3 was.
View attachment 915152
Congrats! Do the mud flaps and PPF on the rear fenders come standard? Or did you request that they install that as part of your delivery?

Doubt it’s a reject. Could just be delayed delivery because of bad weather over the last week or so. You could try asking SA but i doubt they would tell you better to go inspect it yourself
I don't believe it was a rejected model. Freemont just switched it's line to MYP. Congratulations 🎉 on the new car.
Keep in mind that people reject a car for many reasons, none that may even bother you so don't stress yourself out and just make a decision once the car arrives and you're in front of it.
  • They changed their mind and don't want it
  • Their finances have changed and no longer want it
  • Their hold window ended and have to reject the first VIN\delivery
  • Their tolerance for issues with the car is much lower than yours
I was like you a few weeks ago, worked myself up before delivery, reading all the horror stories on TMC, was expecting to find many issues, the day came and there weren't any major issues, nothing that made me not accept delivery.

If you're one of the unfortunate ones to have a bad experience\delivery, then please don't be angry with me for saying the above.

We're not assigned a named SA, it's a pool of SA based on your location, same thing happens when you call CS and enter your zip, it routes you to local call center. When I don't want to wait on hold for an hour I enter a lower population zip (diff state) and they pick up immediately. But then I have to dance around how I got routed to their call center but they end up helping me anyways.

Usually the best service you will receive will be from your local service center, going in-person.

My VIN is PF698***. Assigned on 2/22. My guess is the same build date as yours. SC mentioned it's arriving at TPA tomorrow 3/8. Scheduled to pick it up Friday.

Thank-you for everyone's reply. We have delivery set for Saturday 3/11, will update once we get the car :)

Reactions: Mr_Joe and chobra
Congrats! Do the mud flaps and PPF on the rear fenders come standard? Or did you request that they install that as part of your delivery?
Seems to be location specific i.e. wintery climates prone to gravel on the roads based on other users posts. You can also opt to buy them from the Tesla Shop if you want them and they aren’t offered to your location.

Took delivery today, was not the nicest weather... Very quick and smooth on the paperwork if all of the documents uploaded beforehand.
Car mostly perfect, however, the rear bumper had one of the clips not fully seated properly, scheduled service at the service center for mobile service next week.
View attachment 915437View attachment 915438View attachment 915439
"not the nicest weather..." so I'm thinking maybe it's overcast\cloudy, then after scrolling down for 10 minutes to see the middle of the picture I see the landscape full of snow. If I had weather like that where I live (sunny semi-desert), it be would calamity level weather.

Congrats! Welcome to the BW crew!

After setting up my delivery appointment for 2/28, then 3/1, then 3/4, then 3/7, it’s now set for 3/11. I’ve been told the original truck driver didn’t feel it was safe driving up I-5 due to weather, so now they’re trying to find a different load to Portland they can add it to.
OD was 1/13.
I received a text that morning that my car has actually arrived and it will be ready for pickup as scheduled on Saturday.

Reactions: sdq_11 and -Amanda
I drove to the storage area and found my car. I was surprised to find it unlocked. It’ll need a good wash, but I couldn’t find any issues.

Attachments

• 6F58860B-382B-485C-B48E-B373FE68D060.jpeg
    6F58860B-382B-485C-B48E-B373FE68D060.jpeg
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 59
  • C287F6B4-F5DA-4B20-B815-C2DE6D32B15F.jpeg
    C287F6B4-F5DA-4B20-B815-C2DE6D32B15F.jpeg
    909.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 04AFFC1E-7FCC-44B0-BB99-A3D2701CC15D.jpeg
    04AFFC1E-7FCC-44B0-BB99-A3D2701CC15D.jpeg
    874.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 5E0D398E-D39D-4300-9B11-102552D5F00D.jpeg
    5E0D398E-D39D-4300-9B11-102552D5F00D.jpeg