Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edinburgh SC - Ratings/Reviews/Payment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
Hoping collecting a Model 3 mid February from the Edinburgh Service Centre.

How have your experiences been with this SC? Are they one of the better ones, not so good? I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews about US service centres so trying to understand if the same issues and opinions are occurring over here too.

Keen to hear about the collection process (specifically payment, can you do a bank transfer for the full amount on-site?) but also any owners that have required after sales care, how did it go?

Thanks!

Reactions: DaddyCool

How have your experiences been with this SC? Are they one of the better ones, not so good? I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews about US service centres so trying to understand if the same issues and opinions are occurring over here too.

Keen to hear about the collection process (specifically payment, can you do a bank transfer for the full amount on-site?) but also any owners that have required after sales care, how did it go?

Thanks!
We don't have a great choice up here with Glasgow 'coming soon' fortunately the Lothians is quite a small community of decent mechanics and the senior mechanic is well rated amongst his peers that I know so bodes well.

Pickup was fine - no rush, plenty of time for people to review cars. No issues with my car on pickup.
Warranty issues - I had some charging issues on AC chargers - car went back to them, had loaner for 2 weeks, good communication during the process - no issues and all sorted.
Bank transfer - did it the day before and on the morning of pickup via my phone/internet banking - Tesla confirm when I arrived they had the payment.

Might be one of the few quieter voices who don't shout and moan about every little thing that goes wrong - Zero complaints from me so far after 4 months.

We don't have a great choice up here with Glasgow 'coming soon' fortunately the Lothians is quite a small community of decent mechanics and the senior mechanic is well rated amongst his peers that I know so bodes well.
Pickup was fine - no rush, plenty of time for people to review cars. No issues with my car on pickup.
Warranty issues - I had some charging issues on AC chargers - car went back to them, had loaner for 2 weeks, good communication during the process - no issues and all sorted.
Bank transfer - did it the day before and on the morning of pickup via my phone/internet banking - Tesla confirm when I arrived they had the payment.

Might be one of the few quieter voices who don't shout and moan about every little thing that goes wrong - Zero complaints from me so far after 4 months.

That's really reassuring, thanks for the reply.

I'd ideally like to inspect the car before making any payment however will try to avoid being "that guy" and irritating the staff member by taking up all their time. Hopefully if I give my bank sufficient notice I can do the payment in 1 go.

Ah, didn't know they were opening another in the central belt. Do you know where it's planned for? Had a quick look online but couldn't see any site details. I'm in West Fife so may find the 2 SC's equally accessible which can't be a bad thing.

Also, not seen too many Tesla's in Scotland yet, do you think there's sufficient demand for a 2nd SC currently? Have you had long waits at the Edinburgh SC?

Thanks!
I collected my M3 from Edinburgh in mid-August plenty of time to check the Car and no Issues found. Did Payment via CHAPS a couple of Days before and no Issues. I was pleasantly surprised at how Informal Handover was for one of the Biggest Purchases of My Life. No idea where or when Glasgow SC might be bear in mind Tesla's view of 'Coming Soon' is very elastic.

Absolutely no problems with them, in fact when I ordered my Raven MX last summer although the website stated delivery September it was the folk at Edinburgh who advised me it would more likely be end October and they were spot on. When I collected the car it was immaculately prepared and I was given as long as I liked to look over it. I was also given a thorough handover. I have no issues at all with it but whenever I’m down in Edinburgh I make a point of popping into the sc for a quick chat. They always remember me and always help with the odd query I have about how things work. Maybe I’m one of the lucky ones (or a right PITA who they want to get rid of) but I reckon EdinburghTesla are spot on.
Tony

Also, not seen too many Tesla's in Scotland yet, do you think there's sufficient demand for a 2nd SC currently? Have you had long waits at the Edinburgh SC?

You'd be surprised! Collected mine early September from Edinburgh SC ... the place was jam packed with cars everywhere .. and as we arrived a transporter with another batch started to unload adding to the number. Edinburgh also supplies a number of cars to Northern Ireland so a Glasgow location will take those over no doubt, until NI have their own SC. I haven't had cause to use the SC since delivery. Tesla are not noted for doing thorough PDI checks ... but seeing the number of cars coming through you can see why. Mine came with perfect paintwork. When I got home I noticed dirty hand marks on the inside of each of the B pillars on the headlining material ... easily removed without leaving any remaining mark using upholstery spray and rubbing with dry cloth. So no need to book a service centre appointment.

Thanks!
I picked mine up from Edinburgh on 18th Dec. There were 4 others collecting at the same time and they did a group demo before then sending you out to your car where you could spend as much time as you wanted to check the car over. They were happy to answer any questions and had the paperwork all in hand (I was leasing). They made sure the car also had plenty of charge as they realised it was destined for Northern Ireland. Overall I was very happy with the experience.

Ah, didn't know they were opening another in the central belt. Do you know where it's planned for? Had a quick look online but couldn't see any site details. I'm in West Fife so may find the 2 SC's equally accessible which can't be a bad thing.

I don't even have my fooking' VIN yet :eek:
Im guessing the have a population model to justify opening SCs and Shops (Newcastle Shop recently opened and SC to follow)

This is great to hear.
Hopefully buying M3 in the summer and I live 5 mins from this place.
Is there any point going into the shop just off St Andrews sq for anything?
It's useful if you want to touch/feel the car before purchase. They can probably arrange a test drive for you if wanted one.

They had a M3 LR in MSM with white interior just after Xmas.

Be warned though - Had planned to order white but after seeing the MSM in real life the wife promptly decided we'd spend the extra £1k

Reactions: j1mgg
This is great to hear.
Or feel free to come for a test ride. I can't let you drive and the car may not be spotless, but I am just down in Cramond and am happy to take people out as passengers. Fair few neighbours been out already! Just PM me.

Reactions: j1mgg and Medved_77
This is great to hear.

I had my test drive from the shop in Edinburgh (not the service centre in Newbridge). Very relaxed .. the car sold itself, no salesmen's patter. The only drawback for test drives is that the shop is in the middle of town so you don't get any proper open road driving.

Reactions: j1mgg