Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Design without affecting price now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you have a good chance of getting the car before the end of the month TBH. I have an appointment to pick up the car this Sunday and they have called me the last 2 days asking if I can come earlier. I think they're trying to get as many cars out as they can before 3/31.
This is great info! Thanks for sharing. Seeing that we’re both in California that might be the case. Hope to receive a VIN soon.

Hm I got them to reset payment information but I still can't edit my Design.
Probably because my reservation was placed too early (in 2020)
I placed mine then and took off hold in about Oct of last year with cash buy and completed except trade. Got march-April, then June. They put me on hold for some reason and I took it off. Then is was June then it went TBD then June-July then TBD again then I took my trade off last week and it went to July -Sept! So wondering what my options would be for a P order or changing seat color etc.

LR WT no options

After changing to MYP yesterday, my EDD jumped from 4/19-5/24 to 3/26-4/7. This makes me feel surprisingly good!! I haven’t received a VIN yet but being this close to EDD, did anyone have experience receiving VIN on the beginning date of the EDD?
Hooray! I just received my VIN. It’s F404 Fremont build. Just confirmed with my SA that it has both the Ryzen chip and heated wipers! Getting excited.

Last edited:
Mann…. I should have not read this thread. Now I am seriously considering switching my LR order to P. Quicker performance is very attractive for $3k. 0-60 in 4.8 is still quick.… but 3.5 sec is very impressive. It’s a Porsche territory. However, I am not too crazy about losing ranges with P. 21” wheel is nice but I kind of like the look of 20” wheel better for some reason. Also I am not in any rush, as long as I get the car before Oct. Actually, I don’t want it before Sept. Also, what about any new enhancements may come out? Better chip, cargo cover (Chinese MY has it), and etc…
Ugggh… what to do, what to do…. I need to stop reading this forum…

Mann…. I should have not read this thread. Now I am seriously considering switching my LR order to P. Quicker performance is very attractive for $3k. 0-60 in 4.8 is still quick.… but 3.5 sec is very impressive. It’s a Porsche territory. However, I am not too crazy about losing ranges with P. 21” wheel is nice but I kind of like the look of 20” wheel better for some reason. Also I am not in any rush, as long as I get the car before Oct. Actually, I don’t want it before Sept. Also, what about any new enhancements may come out? Better chip, cargo cover (Chinese MY has it), and etc…
I keep seeing more and more delays. My EDD kept getting pushed back so I just decided to end the torture and switch my order to the P. Changed yesterday and will be delivered on Tuesday. I just checked the Tesla site and they are estimating DD of Jan-April 2023 on all new orders. It was December as of yesterday.

Anyone know if changing your wheels would put you back at the end of the queue?
It shouldn't. The algorithm should still keep your original OD into account. Although just moving to the 20" wheels won't make your EDD move up. That only seems to be happening for people that add FSD or change their order from a LR to a P.

When was your OD and what's your current EDD?

Last edited:
OD 7/22/21 for MYLR White/Black 19" w/ Tow, latest EDD was end of June-July. I ended up making the change to drop my tow package and go to 20"s through a SA so now im on TBD. I checked earlier this week with an SA and he said hes seeing about 50/50 on wheel config but not seeing much tow packages come in. Would be great to get it even a month earlier since im spending about $500/mo now after selling my Model 3 in Aug and expecting delivery in Dec '21.

It’s not a fair comparison as the 3.5 is sort of a marketing trick as it includes rollout subtracted from the time. Also MYLR with AB gets 3.9 if you use the rollout subtraction.

Attachments

• 848CB2E1-3EAF-48F9-BE60-11806E7DC0A6.jpeg
    848CB2E1-3EAF-48F9-BE60-11806E7DC0A6.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 96
  • 8A2ED7E8-9DBF-44FB-BB89-DCB9F82D89F6.png
    8A2ED7E8-9DBF-44FB-BB89-DCB9F82D89F6.png
    298.5 KB · Views: 62
Anyone know if changing your wheels would put you back at the end of the queue?
Just changed my interior from Black to White (in showroom with SA) He is convinced it will push my already crazy August date to October. The same ODD as if you just order today. Got a confirmation of change from Tesla, and it has a new order date, but the same order #.

ODD has not changed on my account yet, but it could take a few days.

Just changed my interior from Black to White (in showroom with SA) He is convinced it will push my already crazy August date to October. The same ODD as if you just order today. Got a confirmation of change from Tesla, and it has a new order date, but the same order #.

ODD has not changed on my account yet, but it could take a few days.

I heard from the Tesla line that if it doesn’t change in 72 hours, it may never, unless a VIN pops out of the sky and you get matched to it randomly.

OD 7/22/21 for MYLR White/Black 19" w/ Tow, latest EDD was end of June-July. I ended up making the change to drop my tow package and go to 20"s through a SA so now im on TBD. I checked earlier this week with an SA and he said hes seeing about 50/50 on wheel config but not seeing much tow packages come in. Would be great to get it even a month earlier since im spending about $500/mo now after selling my Model 3 in Aug and expecting delivery in Dec '21.
Kind of in the same situation. June 2021 OD. Was initially May June EDd, then Got pushed to June/July. Will need that second car come late May, so I’m really hoping my EDD will move up again. I’m trying real hard not to pull the trigger on fsd.