Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon "About to end range anxiety"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blah. Boring. I'd rather have the radio buttons labeled. Or the sleep to work properly. I already can find the superchargers in the NAV and 6.1 can tell me if I can make it or not.

+1. Plus I don't need it to tell me when I have enough charge and go. If I have the next destination punched in already and charging, I can see for myself if I have enough juice. There's no way it knows how much juice I'll want to have left once I get to my next destination. This has already worked for me several times.

No he does not. Short term quick profit investors have the attention span of a gnat. I don't care about them. I am a long term investor. Today's software announcement was a major improvement to the car and deserved the focus that Tesla is giving it.

Sure... but the MEDIA widely reported that there was to be some improvement in range. That's not an unreasonable conclusion to draw from his statements. He should have been a bit more specific in what he said to not raise those expectations / hopes, even if most of us knew it was pretty darned unlikely.

Bottom line, the car is better now than it was...and that fact alone can be forgotten very quickly by those that were expecting the moon. My Chevy Tahoe out in the parking lot right now just got a little older and more out of date.

I'm excited about the announcements and any future announcements.

I wonder if it considers wind, temperature and HVAC settings? I didn't see any of that noted.

yea i wonder if it takes into account my 400-450Wh/mi driving. even with the new nav software in 6.1, if i start out at 90% and it says I should arrive at 60%, i usually arrive with more like 43-46%....by the time the pop up shows it might already be too late.

Not surprised. Anything short of 10 second charging, 1,000 mile range, and the deployment of 2,734 new Superchargers by noon tomorrow would disappoint those who acted primarily in anticipation of today's event.

bingo. Most investors are so dumb.

EDIT: I think this update is AWESOME! Valet mode, Supercharger routing, live SC info, range warnings, factoring weather and terrain into trip prediction, auto braking (which will save LIVES), blind spot warning. For an incremental update (6.1 to 6.2) this is GREAT!

For people who have never owned an EV and have heard numerous mythical tales of "range anxiety" this new trip planning software will have a big impact and its a powerful sales tool for Tesla.

For those who have lived with a Tesla for awhile and know that range anxiety is not the bogeyman that the anti-EV crowd makes it out to be, this software announcement is not big news, but I think it is a major software enhancement and I look forward to receiving it.

There was an absurd amount of unfounded speculation in multiple threads about how the announcement would involve hardware mods to produce longer range or faster charging. All that speculation completely ignored the actual wording of Elon's tweet about the announcement