Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok...I’m going to ask a really stupid question but... I understand how billions of miles of learning can fit on Elon’s mainframe back at HQ....but how does it all fit on the laptop in your car?

If you’re serious, the billions of miles of labeled photos/videos is used to train models on big GPU racks. Once the model is trained, you deploy the much smaller model on the car’s FSD chip for inference.

Here’s additional info on the difference between training and inference. What’s the Difference Between Deep Learning Training and Inference? | NVIDIA Blog

Great news, now please forget owning Tweeter, flush that $1B down the toilet, and get back to posting when we will get 10.12 and those LONG release notes. We need to be entertained reading and analyzing them during the sloooooow rollout.

Thank God says almost all TSLA owners (except Shorts) and hoping for stabilization.

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 6.15.54 AM.png

Great news, now please forget owning Tweeter, flush that $1B down the toilet, and get back to posting when we will get 10.12 and those LONG release notes. We need to be entertained reading and analyzing them during the sloooooow rollout.

Thank God says almost all TSLA owners (except Shorts) and hoping for stabilization.

View attachment 803621
What about multiple accounts? That must be most of the remaining 95%…

Reactions: JupiterMan
What about multiple accounts? That must be most of the remaining 95%…
I don't give a flying f$$$. I want Musk to get back to what he does best and what we need. Playing "Lets Make a Deal" with this years relevant social media compony is a gigantic waste of resources. In 20 years Tweeter will be footnote in history while hopefully Tesla will still lead in EV design/production and SpaceX will have put a human on Mars.

I don't give a flying f$$$. I want Musk to get back to what he does best and what we need. Playing "Lets Make a Deal" with this years relevant social media compony is a gigantic waste of resources. In 20 years Tweeter will be footnote in history while hopefully Tesla will still lead in EV design/production and SpaceX will have put a human on Mars.
I tend to agree - he could make much better use of his time with his current projects vs. Twitter. That being said, I think social media in general is a huge problem but not one that Elon is particularly well-suited to solve.

Ok...I’m going to ask a really stupid question but... I understand how billions of miles of learning can fit on Elon’s mainframe back at HQ....but how does it all fit on the laptop in your car?

This is super simplified but helped me understand a bit better. Imagine the NN being a ton of volume knobs in a black box, each one having a range from 0 to 11. It doesn't take a lot of storage to remember what each knob's setting is. When you train the NN with a sh*tton of data, the end result is some of those knobs' settings get changed. That black box with the new settings are what's then sent to each car in the fleet.

The goal of the training is to identify a combination of knob settings where given an input into the black box, the output is the desired one. The humans don't really know why the black box arrives at the output; we just care that it's the desired one. Naturally there are a lot of possible inputs, and currently, not all of the outputs are desirable. So it needs more training.

There exists some combination of knob settings that makes the AI capable of L5. But we don't know what that is except through more training and more data. We also don't know if we have enough knobs to fully capture the complexity and variety of the inputs.

I tend to agree - he could make much better use of his time with his current projects vs. Twitter. That being said, I think social media in general is a huge problem but not one that Elon is particularly well-suited to solve.
Here is a deal I would go for. By Jan 1st 2023 have the following:

FSD at L5
Dojo working
Cybertruck in production
Giga TX and Berlin at 500,000/year run rate
Semi in production
4680s in high production
Roadster in preproduction
Tesla Bot full working prototype
Starship orbits moon
TSLA >$1200

THEN Elon can waste all the attention and resources he wants to the futile cause of fixing social media.:eek:🤣🤣

Last edited:
Here is a deal I would go for. By Jan 1st 2023 have the following:

FSD at L5
Dojo working
Cybertruck in production
Giga TX and Berlin at 500,000/year run rate
Semi in production
4680s in high production
Roadster in preproduction
Tesla Bot full working prototype
Starship orbits moon

THEN Elon can waste all the attention and resources he wants to the futile cause of fixing social media.:eek:🤣🤣
You don’t care about the Boring Company 🤷‍♂️

That's a HUGE assumption. haha.
That is a highly debated subject. Will post some links later.

Anyway, I was just explaining what Elon means by "first principles" in this context.

I've personally not fully bought into this .... because of the above assumption. But once you accept the assumption, as Elon seems to have, rest of what he says is quite logical.

That doesn't sound good for people waiting to get into Beta for months.
19,000 miles since opting In with my 2022 MYP 1/5/23

100 score

3800 in the last 30 day rolling period

I’m figuratively and literally the most qualified person according to TeslaFi and Teslascope. And to be frank, I doubt there is a single person with 100 that has more miles than me since opting in.

This is ridiculous.

Attachments

• 22C904A1-D8B1-4A3C-8116-B80660EB137B.jpeg
    22C904A1-D8B1-4A3C-8116-B80660EB137B.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Agree 100%. Twitter is a people problem, not a technology or physics problem, and Elon is really bad at people. He loves humanity as an abstraction, but actual people baffle and annoy him.

I'm also worried about sociopathic billionaire "friends" manipulating him to manipulate Twitter for their own deeply frightening agendas. Elon is transparently easy to lead around with shiny seemingly smart aphorisms.

Agree 100%. Twitter is a people problem, not a technology or physics problem, and Elon is really bad at people. He loves humanity as an abstraction, but actual people baffle and annoy him.

I'm also worried about sociopathic billionaire "friends" manipulating him to manipulate Twitter for their own deeply frightening agendas. Elon is transparently easy to lead around with shiny seemingly smart aphorisms.
Has he ever seemed like the type to give into others opinions? I don’t think so personally. Pretty sure Asperger’s being his superpower helps him be immune to social pressure like that. But it’s also what makes his mind latch onto an idea and not let it go, like buying twitter