Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn’t spend $15k on FSD but I certainly would rather spend the same bag of $$ on FSD than Uber. FSD is much more entertaining.
This price hike contributes to the validity of my previous speculation that Tesla wants to sell fewer FSD add-ons at higher prices. At this price point, I'd be surprised that many people would even consider buying it. The subscription model seems to be what Tesla wants to use for FSD.

Reactions: BnGrm
For me there's too much NYC subway crime to only consider price.

On the other hand, FSD pricing is too far in front of the skis. It might be comforting to know you bought it for a lower initial price but you still get wacked against the head when buying FSD for your next Tesla. Maybe Tesla universally implements that recent China promo where you get ~50% FSD trade in value.

Woof! On the price hike .. makes me feel a little bit better about adding it some years ago at $4k. It also makes my old 2017 feel positively new (with some of the hDW upgrades we had todo). It will be a dis incentive for the average non technical user. Which is probabbaly good In Keeping down accidents due to not understanding the real beta nature of this. Only wish the worth to the used market was so strong (it isn’t at the moment )

Reactions: Terminator857
I think I'd rather spend $15K on uber rides.
You got a point there. My wife reminded me yesterday that the upcoming FSD price change is 5 times more than my first brand new car off the lot. Yes, I was born in the Fred Flintstone era :oops: Ok, to be fair and accounting for inflation. FSD is $3,000 less than my first car. BUT I got a WHOLE CAR for that price :)

.... Yes, I was born in the Fred Flintstone era :oops: Ok, to be fair and accounting for inflation. FSD is $3,000 less than my first car. BUT I got a WHOLE CAR for that price :)
...but you had to supply your own drivetrain back then Mr. Flintstone.🤣🤣🤣

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 3.40.17 PM.png

This price hike contributes to the validity of my previous speculation that Tesla wants to sell fewer FSD add-ons at higher prices. At this price point, I'd be surprised that many people would even consider buying it. The subscription model seems to be what Tesla wants to use for FSD.
Yeah, I'd say the price hasn't REALLY changed until the subscription price changes.

If the subscription price changes you know it really works.

I do find it a bit disturbing that Elon is raising the price rather dramatically on something where there is no guarantee that the buyer is even going to get into the beta within a few months of purchase.

In fact it seems like a rather cruel FOMO move.