Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
~90% of my driving is done on AP already. I tap the accelerator, make a few turns, and wiggle the steering wheel once in a while.

It's will be hard to wait 7 days for my driving to be evaluated. I wish they could just pull driving history instead (no worries here). I hope there is a feedback loop so if you don't qualify for some reason they let you know why.

Reactions: sfuape and edseloh
Seems like it will be a month or more before a large body of users are able to actually use the beta, when you account for the roll out of the update and the one week window of driving evaluation.
Elon previously tweeted that rollout would by slow and gradual to maximize safety.
So first batch might be half of a percent of the safest drivers.
Will they double the count every week?

Reactions: edseloh
Elon previously tweeted that rollout would by slow and gradual to maximize safety.

From the latest tweet it sounds like the "gradual release based on maximum safety" IS the driving evaluation. His exact words were "If driving behavior is good for 7 days, beta access will be granted". That's very clear. Now can we take Elon at his word? Probably not :)

Reactions: Terminator857
Is there a definition of “driving behavior is good?” I drive fast but safe and have not had a ticket in 30 years.

But even when I am in full control of my vehicle, the “take over immediately” warning pops up several times a week. Does that label me an unsafe driver?

Doubling the count each week would be exponential growth. There’s no way they would expand that quickly. At best they’ll add a fixed number each week, IMO.

I don't understand why another 3rd party(Tesla Insurance), need to have my driving data to get the product I bought !, this is ridiculous !!!!
I'm pretty sure none of us paid for Early Access. I want it, too, don't get me wrong, but unfortunately we don't have the upper hand here. It takes one bad driver to deeply affect Tesla's reputation, so they use the tools at hand.

Anyone who doesn't agree has the option to not participate yet.

I'm pretty sure none of us paid for Early Access. I want it, too, don't get me wrong, but unfortunately we don't have the upper hand here. It takes one bad driver to deeply affect Tesla's reputation, so they use the tools at hand.

Anyone who doesn't agree has the option to not participate yet.
I see this is one other way to wiggle way from delivering a product. I have not seen a single video MCU1/AP3 - all the hardware required for FSD. still actively being tested.. Just saying...

Is there a definition of “driving behavior is good?” I drive fast but safe and have not had a ticket in 30 years.

But even when I am in full control of my vehicle, the “take over immediately” warning pops up several times a week. Does that label me an unsafe driver?

Exactly. Nobody knows.

I get the forward collision warning randomly after one of the latest updates. So if Tesla is using those metrics then I think we are all screwed and nobody will get FSD because the system will deem that safe drivers don't exist.

How to be a good Tesla driver according to Tesla insurance and Tristan tweet:
# of Autopilot Strikeouts - Pay attention - Hands on the wheel and eyes forward.
# of Forward Collision Warnings - Don't tailgate?
* Time spent within 1s of car in front * Time spent within 3s of car in front - Don't tailgate.
# of Lane Departure Warnings - Use your turn signal. Don't drive on the shoulder.
# of ABS activations (All & User) - Don't goof off in the snow or rain?
* Acceleration Variance - The technical term for this is jerk. Grannies will get the beta first. :)

Reactions: cucubits